Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
About Us Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.Location Augusta University – Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 Our Summerville Campus: 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904College/Department Information The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation’s largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG’s expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America’s children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.Job Summary A training position that fosters a multidisciplinary research and training environment in collaborations with local and state healthcare leaders and policy makers, and prepares fellows for positions in academia, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, consulting, or government. The selected candidate will engage in health economic, health outcomes, and health policy modeling research in collaboration with his/her mentor(s) and collaborators in academia, policy makers, and other stakeholder partners.
Training includes mentored research and grant-writing. The candidate will also have the opportunity to engage in teaching at graduate and/or undergraduate level in the Department. The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to produce the following by the end of the first year:
- Submit two collaborative manuscripts for a publication in peer-review journals. These manuscripts must be in collaboration with HEP/PHSD collaborators.
- Submit one extramural career development grant application to NIH, NSF, HRSA, or other qualified public/private organizations. For example, NIH F or K awards for mentored postdoctoral researchers or early career researchers. Faculty from HEP/PHSD/AU will serve as mentors for these applications.
- Communicate research results to policymakers and community interest-groups via local and national conferences and workshops.
Responsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in health economic, health outcomes, and health policy modeling research in collaboration with his/her mentor(s) and collaborators in academia, policy makers, and other stakeholder partners.
- Present research findings to policymakers and community interest -groups via local and national conferences and workshops.
- Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Submit extramural career development grant application.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Frequent contact with principal investigator to discuss results and to plan projects.
- Daily contact with faculty and other research staff, technologies, and technicians in core facilities and other laboratories to coordinate projects and conduct research.
- All AU, AU Medical Center, and AU Medical Associates positions are responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service as a part of their job.
Shift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Days/M-F (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 9/12/22 - Until FilledAugusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optimal Requirement Retirement), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.