The position reports to Administrative Systems Management (ASM) which is the SAP Center of Excellence at Duke University and Health System. ASM is a shared service providing support for SAP, SuccessFactors, API Healthcare, Concur and other custom developed and third part applications. The position reports to the HR/Payroll Team Leader.
Administrative Systems Management (ASM)
Senior SAP Benefits Consultant
(Analyst, IT, Sr., Job Code: 2426, IT Band: D)
The candidate must be well versed with the technical aspects of benefits administration in SAP while at the same time being able to discuss how to meet plan administration requirements with non-technical plan administrators. The job includes the following:
- Provide day to day support for Duke Corporate Benefit operations including troubleshooting benefit issues related to Cobra, Health, Savings(403b,457), Insurance and Flexible Spending plans
- Perform requirements analysis, develop and document specifications for configuration and software changes
- Participate in the planning and configuration of the annual benefit open enrollment process
- Coordinate the scheduling of interfaces for benefit vendors related to open enrollment
- Monitor scheduled interfaces and resolve issues
- Complete SAP configuration for new business requirements and other projects
- Develop and execute test plans for minor changes, support packs and projects of all sizes
- Contribute knowledge and experience of underlying legal requirements of US Benefits to projects and other changes
- Evaluate customers' business needs and derive recommendations for the appropriate solution
- Interact with management and technical staff at various levels and provide timely/quality advice
- Work effectively within a cross functional team environment related to HR, Finance, Benefits, Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Perform other duties and special projects related to the duties described above and at the direction of the Assistant Vice President
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 years' experience in post-production support and/or full life cycle implementations of the SAP on-premise HCM modules, preferably in higher education or healthcare
- 2+ years' experience leading teams and/or workstreams through at least one project
- Exposure to other modules of SAP HCM like Payroll, Personnel Administration,Organizational Management and the integration of HCM modules
- Experience in developing and testing interfaces related to benefits administration
- Experience managing the benefits configuration for eligibility in multiple states including California, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Ohio
- Experience with SAP S4 and SuccessFactors HCM area plus
Refer to Job Description
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.