COORDINATOR OF HOUSING OPERATIONS – RESIDENCE LIFE
Bridgewater College is seeking a Coordinator of Housing Operations for Residence Life. This is a full-time (12-month) live-on preferred position reporting to the Director of Residential Life and Community Standards.
- • Housing Operations responsibilities:
- o Provide primary oversight and management of StarRez, the housing database software.
- o Provide primary oversight for the Housing Selection process, including new and returning students for Fall/Spring/Summer.
- o Provide primary oversight for residential room changes and break requests.
- o Assist in the management of the Residential Life email account.
- o Communicate with students and parents regarding questions and concerns of the housing operations via email, phone, and in person.
- o Guide the department in best practices regarding housing processes and procedures for students.
- o Serve as a member of the Housing Accommodations Review Board and manage approved student accommodations (ex. single room, ESA, service animals).
- • Other responsibilities:
- o Participate in campus duty rotation.
- o Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of Residence Life student staff.
- o Adjudicate student conduct cases using Maxient software as needed.
- o Assist with divisional and campus wide events including, but not limited to, Family Weekend, Homecoming, Commencement, student and professional staff selection, etc.
- o Representing Residence Life on designated committees as assigned.
- o Assist the Director in the development of goals, vision, policies, and procedures for Residence Life
- • Master’s degree in College Student Affairs, Higher Education, or closely related field is strongly preferred.
- • Experience in Student Affairs is required. Experience in Residence Life and crisis management is strongly preferred.
- • Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness. Must display diplomacy and tact in all communication.
- • Ability to independently manage a variety of projects with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- • Ability to make decisions independently, outstanding organizational skills, excellent judgment, and a high level of self-motivation and accountability.
- • Must exhibit flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to contribute to the successful achievement of personal, unit and department goals.
- • Commitment to working with and supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
- • Experience working with StarRez (or similar system) and Ellucian software strongly preferred.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email [email protected]
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years.
The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9. To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761