Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine in Ohio is offering a part-time Assistant Professor of Clinical (adjunct) position in the Department of Surgery, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.Essential Functions
Primary responsibilities will include clinical patient care, research, and teaching Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residents.
- Patient care responsibilities include diagnosis of problems of the oral and maxillofacial regions, performing surgery for maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, TMJ disorders, dental implants, pathology of the jaws, administering ambulatory anesthesia, and dentoalveolar surgery.
- Teaching duties will entail supervision of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residents in the hospital-based outpatient oral surgery center, operating room, instruction in ward settings, and directing activities of surgical trainees and medical students.
- Will plan, direct and coordinate research activities including but not limited to treatment of craniofacial injuries or deformities, TMJ disorders, oral cancer, jaw reconstruction, anesthesia and analgesia..
Prior to effective date of the academic appointment all the following are required:
Compensation and Benefits
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or DMD (Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry or Doctor of Dental Medicine) licensure by Ohio Dental Board.
- Completion of a four-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Eligibility for the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) qualifying examination as defined by completion of the aforementioned four-year residency or an ABOMS-approved alternative pathway.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN