POSITION TITLE: FACULTY, NURSING EDUCATION (Day/Evening Program)
STATUS: Full time Tenure track
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Education
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair and Academic Dean
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Fourteen credit hours a semester constitute a standard load for nursing faculty. Course assignments may be day, late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior college faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in nursing theory and practicum courses offered through the Department of Nursing Education as it relates to the program.
2. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and services within the college to determine placements, curriculum, and academic support.
3. Participate in course development, assessment, and planning activities.
4. Have and maintain a thorough knowledge of the subject matter necessary to the assigned course load, and keep informed of current trends in the field of nursing and health care.
5. Be willing to teach online and/or blended courses.
6. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment activities; serve on committees.
7. Assist students with academic advising.
8. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
9. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community college mission.
10. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
11. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Nursing.
2. Current Illinois Licensure as R.N.
3. Recent work experience in chronic or acute medical/surgical area or long-term care.
4. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
5. Ability to work day or evenings.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
4. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
5. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
6. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
7. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from community events.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual classroom teaching and hospital environments.
PRIORITY CONSIDERATION DATE
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):