Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - 27339 University Staff Description
Who We Are
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
The Budget and Finance Office is the university's liaison to the Board of Regents on matters related to budget policy. The office directs the development of the annual university budget, provides information for internal planning and decision-making, assists in the development of legislative strategy and advocates for funding priorities with Colorado's policy makers. Position Summary
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer is responsible for a broad range of professional-level, administrative duties in support of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. This position manages the day-to-day requirements and priorities of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and works closely with departments and cultivates relationship management within the Office of the President, the campus Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer groups, as well as internal and external constituencies of the university community. This position performs a broad range of professional staff and communications functions to ensure the maximum performance of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The Executive Assistant will assist with coordinating, scheduling, planning around deliverables of projects and tasks that may be highly complex. This role will also need to be able to work with sensitive and confidential materials, at times. The Executive Assistant will act independently and exercise initiative to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
Currently, this position's standard schedule is to work onsite at 1800 Grant Street in Denver in the Office of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to work remotely on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This schedule may change in the future.
This professional position reports directly to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and is exempt from the state of Colorado classified system. Where You Will Work
This position is located in Denver and is approved for a Hybrid work schedule. Diversity and Equity
The University of Colorado System Administration Office is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
What We Offer Salary:
- Managing the workflow of the Vice President and CFO by performing the following:
- Scheduling the Vice President and CFOs' calendar and including the appropriate individuals in meetings
- Ensuring the Vice President and CFO has the necessary meeting materials for the upcoming week each Monday morning
- Providing appropriate transitions throughout the workday,
- Referring work as appropriate to budget & finance team members to ensure deadlines are met,
- Resolving problems and conflicts as they arise.
- Preparing the annual schedules of Vice Chancellors Group (VCG) meetings; individual meetings with Regents, Chancellors, and campus' COO's and CFO's; and preparing deadlines for the Regents' Finance Committee and Full Regent Board meetings.
- Working with the Office of Government Relations to coordinate meetings where the Vice President and CFO is needed, with Joint Budget Committee members, Capital Development Committee members, other state legislators, and CU campuses as needed to move the university's legislative agenda forward.
- Coordinates the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer's time and calendar to optimize the efficiency and support the most effective use of time for the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Manages all scheduling coordination and resolution of associated problems and conflicts that may arise.
- Coordinates specific meeting arrangements including monthly Vice Chancellor's meetings, Budget and Finance team staff meetings, and other groups as needed.
- Responsible for daily decision-making and problem resolution in coordination with the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer's schedule.
- Facilitates communication while the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer is out of the office.
- Follows processes to respond to requests of the office, resolve issues and problems with expedited referral of matters to the appropriate staff for follow-up.
- Serves as a liaison to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer's external constituents.
- Answers phone calls, monitors and manages email and regular mail to aid the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer while busy or absent.
- Coordinates travel arrangements including airfare, hotel and accommodations, vehicle rentals, event scheduling, etc.
- Processes travel forms and other expense reimbursements for the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for travel and events.
- Responsible for answering questions for and/or speaking on behalf of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer related to scheduling.
- Management of special projects/tasks as assigned.
- Assist other staff members as necessary to assure the smooth day-to-day functioning of the Office of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $73,000-$86,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Six (6) years' professional experience providing administrative support to a department and a director or executive, which may include:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, travel, conferences, or other related events on behalf of a director or executive
- Preparing complex and or confidential reports, correspondence, presentations, and/or related materials
- Travel and schedule requirements (if applicable)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Eight (8) years' professional experience providing administrative support, as indicated above
- Three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in higher education
- Relevant experience working within the University of Colorado system.
- Previous experience supporting administrative or executive level staff. Certifications (if applicable)
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge and ability to research State rules and regulations as well as university policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize technology and software, including personal cell phone applications and Microsoft Office Suite OneNote and Teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to speak on behalf of the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Skilled in project management with an ability to handle complex, multiple, and concurrent tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Decision-making ability in order to set priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects with associated deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and pursue problem resolution.
- Self-starter capabilities to initiate and complete projects.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement How to Apply
For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application:
- A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess
- A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting.
Please ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. When to Apply
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by Wednesday, October 5th. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* Background Check Statement
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. ADA Statement
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected]
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Professional Support Services Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50021 - Budget and Finance Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 21, 2022 Unposting Date
: Oct 5, 2022, 10:59:00 PM Posting Contact Name: CU System HR Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=27339&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency