Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code LP-REGCL in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:
Registration Clerk - Literacy ProgramAnnounce date:
09/01/2022Apply by date:
Open Until FilledApplication status:
Accepting ApplicationsPosition type:
$13.00 per hour Working Hours
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.Summary
The Registration Clerk has the primary responsibility of processing student prospect information and acts as a clerical support for the offices of Career Training, Community Education & Professional Development.Travel Requirements:
Position requires limited local travel; employee must have access to transportation.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Utilize Ellucian Colleague to create and maintain Community Education-Career Programs student records.
2. Assist individuals with non-credit and Literacy Program inquiries.
3. Prepare office correspondence as requested and maintain office files.
4. Ensure timely, complete, and accurate entry of data.
5. Perform regular review of data for errors and ensure immediate corrections, when needed
6. Run data reports as needed.
7. Act as back-up for the work study employees of the Community Training, Community Education & Professional Development Information Center.
8. Use Excel software to enter student information in spreadsheets for medical and business programs.
9. Perform other job- related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year data entry experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with a variety of students, instructors and customers.
- Must possess the ability to adapt and multitask.
- Proficient in the use of calculator and/or adding machine.
- Will be required to attend both on campus and off campus training as dictated by the needs of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Should be proficient in typing (ability to type 35 words per minute). Must have ability to learn college specific software. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus. Some experience with Microsoft Access, Publisher, and other database driven software preferred.Communication Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.