ADJUNCT FACULTY NEEDED – COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
Johnson C. Smith University’s College of Business and Professional Studies is seeking adjunct instructors to teach courses in the Business Administration & Economics Department during the day and online hours. We are seeking instructors in the following areas:
Economics – day and online format
- ECO 231 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 232 – Principles of Microeconomics
Business / Accounting – day and online format
- ACC 235 – Financial & Managerial Accounting
- ACC 439 - Auditing
- BUS 234 - Quantitative Methods
- ACC 236 – Financial & Managerial Accounting I
- BUS 233 – Business Statistics
- BUS 336 – Business Law
Finance – day and online format
- BAF 333 – Financial Statement Analysis
- BAF 331 – Money and Banking
- BUS 234 – Quantitative Methods
- BAF 339 - Risk Management
- BAF 430 - Corporate Finance
- BAF 330 – Business Finance
- BAF 334 – International Finance
- BUS 336 – Business Law
- BAF 231 – Personal Finance
- BAF 431 - Investments
Entrepreneurship * – day and online format
- ENT – 231 - Entrepreneurship
- ENT 334 – Raising Money: VCs, Angels, Incubators and Crowdfunding
- ENT 330 – Innovative Thinking and Creativity
*Individuals who own or have owned a registered business through the Small Business Administration and/or who have coached / consulted small business owners are preferred.
At least 18 graduate hours in the discipline to teach is required, a master’s degree or above is preferred.
Finalists for this position are subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
To apply: Email [email protected] or Fax to (704)330-1494: Use the subject line: "Adjunct for College of Business and Professional Studies". Send completed JCSU application forms with resume, letter of application, and unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (official transcripts will be required of all finalists).
The above information may also be mailed to:Business Administration and Economics DepartmentSearch Committee Attn: Dr. Lucinda BlueJohnson C. Smith University100 Beatties Ford RoadCharlotte, N.C. 28216
About Johnson C. Smith University
Johnson C. Smith University, a 155-year old historically black liberal arts college dedicated to serving a diverse student body, located in Charlotte, NC. The University has a rich history and is heralded as one of the best of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the nation, serving 1400 students in undergraduate, graduate, non-traditional and adult programs. Johnson C. Smith University continues to gain a strong national reputation for integrating the liberal arts with business, the sciences and technology. For more information, please visit http://www.jcsu.edu.