Spartanburg Methodist College invites applications for part-time adjunct faculty positions in Computer Science
. The successful candidate will teach one to two in-person sections. The start date for Spring 2023 is January 9, but the Department seeks candidates for future semesters as well. Contracts may be renewed on a semester-by-semester basis pending enrollment, instructor availability, and student success. The successful candidate will:
- Hold a PhD, MA, or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology, or an Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in either Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Have experience with Course Management Systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, or D2L.
- Be firmly committed to high quality instruction for first-generation college students and be familiar with best practices in active learning pedagogies.
- Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher (college level preferred).
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and unofficial copies of graduate transcripts.
Application deadline: Ongoing About the College
: Founded in 1911, Spartanburg Methodist College is a private residential liberal arts institution serving a diverse student population (38% first generation, 52% minority, 59% Pell) within the United Methodist Connection. Since its founding as the first co-op school in the nation, SMC has remained dedicated to its mission to connect education and employment. After over 100 years as an Associate Degree granting institution, the college launched its first bachelor’s degree in 2019. SMC is growing significantly, adding new programs, and consistently evaluating operations as a result of a campus-wide commitment to innovation and a passion for designing all campus programs to serve its student population intentionally. Today, the college’s emphasis on education and employment includes a unique professional development concentration comprised of eight required courses for students seeking associate and bachelor’s degrees. SMC is committed to its student demographic and believes that global impact is possible through their success. Spartanburg Methodist College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status in any personnel action regarding the recruiting, hiring, and promotion of faculty and staff member.