Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Adjunct Professor Online, Graduate, Military HistoryDoes this position require driving?:
Chris SneeringerContact Email:
[email protected]Job Summary/Basic Function:
• Part-time, non-benefited, online adjunct position with Liberty University Online in the College of Arts & SciencesMinimum Qualifications:
• Teaching of material from the approved curriculum in accordance with an assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students
• Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
• Maintain university standards regarding course activity, emails, grading and communication with Instructional Mentor and students
• Will serve as dissertation supervisors and readers, as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ph.D. in History with a major field in Military History, or evidence of extensive coursework, or dissertation, or authored publications in said field.Preferred Qualifications:
• All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
• Full adherence to the evangelical mission and doctrine of Liberty University
• Familiarity with and use of collaborative learning techniques and student-centered methods of instruction
• Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision
• Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skills
• Possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff
• Demonstrated strength or potential in teaching at the college level
• All candidates must hold a minimum of Ph.D. in History with a major field in Military History, or evidence of extensive coursework, or dissertation, or authored publications in said field.Work Hours:
• Specific subfields needed within Military History are Civil War and World War II.
• Experience with Canvas or other online course management tools
• Excellent record of collegiate teaching
07/25/2022Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.Quicklink:
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected].