Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Political ScienceJob Posting Number:
Political SciencePosition Description:
The Department of Political Scienceinvites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level to teach required and elective graduate and undergraduate courses. The department awards the bachelor’s degree and the master of arts degree. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications:
Required Qualifications for Assistant Professor Rank:Preferred Qualifications:
1. Earned Ph.D. in political science by August 2023;2. Potential for research and publication in constitutional and public law;3. Ability to teach advanced and introductory courses in constitutional and public law;
4. Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate classes in one of the following three areas: judicial process, Congress, or bureaucratic politics;
5. Willingness and ability to play a substantial role in advising and coordinating events for pre-law students;6. Potential for exceptional teaching; and7. Effective interpersonal skills.
Required Qualifications for Associate Professor Rank:1. Earned Ph.D. in political science;
2. Documented record of exceptional scholarly research and publication in constitutional and public law;3. Documented record of exceptional teaching;4. Ability to teach advanced and introductory courses in constitutional and public law;
5. Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate classes in one of the following three areas: judicial process, Congress, or bureaucratic politics; and
6. Willingness and ability to play a substantial role in advising and coordinating events for pre-law students.7. Effective interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
Preferred Qualifications for Assistant Professor Rank:Application Procedures:
1. Demonstrated potential for exceptional scholarly research and publication in constitutional and public law; and
2. Demonstrated potential for exceptional teaching.
Online submission of all application materials is required through the university’s application portal, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/39682. Proposed Start Date:
To assure full consideration, please submit the following by October 15, 2022;
1) a letter of intent addressing required and preferred qualifications, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) college transcript(s), 4) samples of scholarly work (presentations and/or publications), 5) syllabi (if available), and 6) three letters of recommendation.
Note that as part of our application process, we are requesting three letters of reference. Please provide the names and email addresses for your references in the Reference Letter section of the employment application. Upon submission of your application, an automated email will be generated and sent to your references with instructions on how to attach the reference letter to your application though a confidential online portal.
Candidates selected for interviews will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting universities.
Inquiries about this position may be directed to Ms. Denise Bjerke, Administrative Assistant, Department of Political Science at [email protected] or 512-245-8051.
Fall 2023Posting Date:
09/02/2022Full Consideration Date::
10/15/2022Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Reasonable Accommodation:
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Faculty and Academic Resources for assistance at [email protected]. A representative from Faculty and Academic Resources will respond to you as soon as is possible.Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.Tobacco-Free Campus:
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: