Cloud Database AdministratorPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Database Administration team delivers the ERP service and dependable enterprise database infrastructure to provide the foundation necessary to support the University business needs.Position Summary:
This position is part of the Database Administration team in the Information Technology Services department. This position is responsible for the administration and support of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment in a multi-cloud configuration. The team is responsible for delivering cloud database infrastructure that is cost-effective, resilient, and highly available. This position is responsible for the Oracle database infrastructure using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and SQL Server infrastructure using Microsoft Azure cloud.Minimum Qualifications:
The Database Administration team is part of the Enterprise Technology Infrastructure group that strives to connect, enable, and empower people through technology that transforms the University and the region.
This position is eligible for full-time telework.
Entry-level with Masters; or; Bachelors and 0-2yrs experience or; Equivalent combination of education/experiencePreferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; open to entry-level candidates;Strong analytical and organizational skills; Good communication skills; Ability to establish goals, set priorities, and multi-task is a must; Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.Working knowledge of one or more programming languages, such as Java, C++, or PythonRecruitment Range:
Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure and/or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platforms.; Knowledge of MS SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS; Knowledge of infrastructure automation (Terraform, Ansible, etc.), CI/CD pipelines (GIT, Jenkins, etc.)
Salary commensurate with experienceOrg #-Department:
Info Technology Services - 23101Job Open Date:
09/02/2022For Best Consideration Date:
09/09/2022Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Database AdministrationEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Maintain Oracle and SQL Server databases inclusive of patching, upgrades, problem diagnostics, and resolutions
- Refresh test and non-production databases from production
- Manage and maintain database backups, storage, logs, etc.
- Manage and maintain Oracle DataGuard instances
- Assist in evaluation and feasibility study of various database new features, technologies, and options
- Work on automating builds (infrastructure as code) using Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and/or other CI/CD tools for database provisioning and maintenance tasks
- Database related troubleshooting, configuration, and performance tuning
- Design and implement proper security, monitoring, and alerting to optimize performance and minimize outages
- Draft documentation on evaluations, analysis and automation
Ellucian Banner ERP AdministrationEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Technically manage the Ellucian Banner application, application patching and related operational maintenance-Manage related integrated technical systems integration into the Banner system-Assist with installation, configuration and management of Banner related support systems such as Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM), Jenkins, etc.
Collaboration & Customer ServiceEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Collaborate with internal and external customers on database and Ellucian Banner related projects as needed.
- Collaborate with Information Security, Data Engineering, Data Scientists and Business Intelligence staff to ensure database needs are being met.
Follow ITS Divisional policies, procedures and job requirements – Compliance and Integrity, Customer OrientedEssential Tasks:
- Adhere to ITS division requirements as they relate to your job responsibilities regarding SLA’s, Security, and Asset Management.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - f, Reading - f, Writing - f, Hearing - f, Talking - f, Sitting - fWork Environment:
Inside - c