DescriptionPlease note this position is a hybrid role within the MGH Institute of Health Professions based in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
The Masters’ level Online Track Coordinator: MS – Leadership in Nursing Administration, School of Nursing, holds a 0.5 FTE ranked faculty position at the MGH Institute of Health Professions and reports directly to the Assistant Dean, Leadership Programs.. In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, the track coordinator is responsible for administrative oversight of all courses offered each semester in their assigned track. MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to broadly address systemic racial injustice and oppression. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion who will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach.School of Nursing
Educating more than 500 students with 55 full-time faculty, the School of Nursing offers an accelerated BSN program, an entry-level and post-professional Master of Science in Nursing, a Certificate of Advanced Study, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice, one of the first DNP programs in the country.The SON faculty includes outstanding educators and researchers, many of whom are recognized nationally and internationally for their clinical and scholarly excellence.The Master of Science in Nursing placed in the top 30% of nurse practitioner programs according to the most recent rankings by U.S. News and World Report. The Doctor of Nursing Practice is ranked second in Greater Boston by U.S. News.Responsibilities:
Participates in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all courses in an assigned track, and associated clinical experiences in collaboration with the Assistant Dean, Leadership Programs, the SON Director of Clinical Affiliations, course faculty and the Leadership Programs Coordinator.Ensures the development and maintenance of a student-centered environment.Oversees the orientation and advisement of prospective and current students in the track coordinator’s assigned program. Facilitates the development and evaluation of clinical placements for specified courses in collaboration with course faculty and with the SON Director of Clinical Affiliations.Informs the Assistant Dean Leadership Programs about all student, faculty, curricular and operational issues in a timely fashion for those courses for which they have oversight.Specific duties include:A. Curriculum
1. Participates in the design and revision of specified courses as warranted by governing bodies, national workforce trends, and best practices in nursing education.2. Participates in continuous quality improvement in collaboration with the Assistant Dean Leadership Programs and faculty by collecting and reviewing available data such as exam blueprints, item analyses, course evaluations, certification examination preparation and outcomes to strengthen Masters’ programs consistent with the Systematic Evaluation Plan.3. Ensures continuity in the track curriculum and leveling of content appropriate to course placement.4. Assures that interprofessional education and JEDI principles are reflective in specified courses.B. Clinical Experiences
1. Plans strategically for appropriate clinical placements to meet student learning needs.2. In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, Leadership Programs and with the SON Director of Clinical Affiliations, develops new clinical models and placement sites based on course learning objectives and emerging trends.3. Collaborates with faculty to design course material specific to current trends and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) standards.C. Students
1. Ensures a student-centered learning environment.2. Plans and attends recruitment activities (i.e., open houses, webinars, information sessions and orientation).3. Plans and participates in planning School of Nursing activities for the assigned track, in collaboration with the Assistant Dean, Leadership Programs.4. Monitors student progression and enrollment in specified courses.5. Intervenes in issues pertaining to students in specified courses and guides students to seek appropriate counsel, as needed.6. Develops master schedule of classes and clinical rotations for assigned track each semester.7. Responds promptly to student communication.8. Writes letters of recommendation for students as needed. 9 .Collaborates with the Assistant Dean for Student Success in ensuring a safe learning environment, accommodations, and timely response to student issues, if indicated. D. Faculty
- Meets regularly with Term Lecturers assigned to courses in the assigned track:
- Collaborates with course and clinical site preceptors for handling concerns and issues.
- Evaluates Term Lecturers annually.
- Collaborates with course faculty to evaluate clinical instructors and clinical sites.
- Meets regularly with course faculty and reports issues or concerns to the Assistant Dean for Leadership Programs..
- Assesses faculty development needs and provides input to the Assistant Dean, Leadership Programs .
- Ensures high quality instruction and provides faculty guidance, as needed.
- Ensures that Term Lecturers and preceptors have appropriate qualifications.
- Provides input for the annual report to summarize major accomplishments within the Master’s Program in Nursing Administration program, curricular and faculty changes, problems, and recommendations in collaboration with the Director.
- Assigns advisors to students.
In collaboration with the Office of the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs and Community Engagement, provides oversight of compliance of Term Lecturers for health and other employment requirements.
The candidate must be a licensed (or eligible) as a registered nurse in Massachusetts and possess a graduate degree in Nursing. Effective organizational and delegation skills are required. The candidate must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Leadership experience is required. At least 2-3 years leadership experience in nursing education and nursing administration is preferred.Applications:
If you are interested in joining the School of Nursing at the MGH Institute of Health Professions, please submit a cover letter that includes a statement about how you have incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion into your teaching, scholarship, service, and/or practice, a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Application deadline is October 1, 2022.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with education, professional background and experience.About MGH Institute:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. Primary Location:
MA-Charlestown-MGH IHPWork Locations:
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Sep 1, 2022