The mission of the Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting directly to the Equipment Manager with an indirect reporting relationship with the Head Coach, Women’s Ice Hockey, the Assistant Equipment Manager will provide day-to-day equipment support for women’s ice hockey during the season (to include preseason, regular season and postseason) and will provide support to the men’s ice hockey program as needed. This position will also be required to support the needs of other varsity programs as needed during the academic calendar including, but not limited to, women’s volleyball. The incumbent will work in conjunction with the Equipment Manager to manage ordering, shipping and receiving of product and manage the access and security of locker rooms and storage space. Additionally, the position will support the overall equipment room operation, including support of the Caldwell Fieldhouse operations, other varsity program equipment needs and other duties as assigned.
- Issue protective and regular equipment, ensuring proper fit, to student-athletes as directed by the Equipment Manager and head coaches- Repair and recondition all equipment, including skate sharpening, helmet repair, socks/jersey sewing, and stick maintenance- Assist Equipment Manager with ordering of equipment- Receive, unpack and examine stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices- Maintain inventory records and procedures established by the Equipment Manager- Complete the shipping and receiving of product- Pick up, deliver and manage a wide variety of supplies and equipment
- Assist in operation, management and scheduling of locker rooms, hallways/tunnels, and benches- Assist teams during home and away contests, this includes providing bench support and greeting and assisting opposing teams at home and setting up locker rooms/game prep when away- Operate athletic laundry system using commercial washing machines and dryers and operate all hockey specific equipment
- Nights and weekends as assigned- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, staff and alumni - Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)- Valid state issued driver's license- Three years of experience in athletic equipment management- Must be able to manage a flexible schedule in support of the needs of the department- Must be able to lift 50 pounds- Ability to work within the framework of Princeton University, Ivy League, and NCAA rules and regulations- Must be able to handle small hand tools to maintain equipment
- Ability to uphold the commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics - Bachelor’s degree preferred- AEMA Certification; or successful completion of AEMA or Phats-Sphem certification within first year
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesProbationary Period180 daysEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredYes#LI-JE1