Facilities Maintenance Spec 2 - Multi Craft Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
About Us Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.Job Summary This is work requiring the highest level of skill in installation, calibration, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning, heating equipment, and other related equipment to include sheetrock repair, painting, plumbing, and electrical work.Responsibilities Responsibilities include, but are limited to: Assist the foreman in supervisory and management duties:
- Comply with E.P.A, procedures and refrigeration handling paper work as directed by Supervisor.
- Assist with equipment Inventory monthly
- Performs other work as required
Trains New employees:
- Instructs proper methods for the diagnosis of problems weekly.
- Demonstrates equipment repairs weekly.
- Demonstrates equipment replacement as required
- Demonstrates installation and service on all applicable equipment or components as directed.
Directs and participates in equipment installation:
- Installs complex sophisticated air conditioning as required.
- Installs heating related equipment and components as required.
- Installs kitchen and food service equipment as required.
Performs significant repairs and inspections:
- Repairs boilers requiring disassembly and reassembly as required.
- Repairs centrifugal chillers requiring disassembly and reassembly as required.
- Diagnose system problems end facilitate corrective action daily.
- Responsible for researching and procuring repair parts weekly.
On Call and emergency duties:
- Each technician will be on call for 7 days at a time, must be fit for duty.
- On call technician will be responsible for emergency call backs.
- On call technician will be responsible for weekend rounds to include pool equipment.
- On call technician will be responsible for contacting Supervisor in an emergency.
Performs related work as required:
- Wears appropriate uniforms and maintains good hygiene.
- Treats supervisors, coworkers, students, faculty and visitors with respect.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as required.
Required Qualifications High School Diploma or GED from an accredited State or Federal institution and three years experience in applicable maintenance related trade; valid driver's license to operate AU vehicles.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools and equipment of refrigeration, air conditioning and/or heating equipment operation, maintenance, and repair.
- In addition to skills in the diagnosis of problems in complex control or environmental systems
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Shift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Days; Monday - Friday/On Call every other week from Friday - Friday Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until Filled Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees. Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optimal Requirement Retirement), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays. Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a driver's history report for the identified top candidate(s) for this position. We will initiate this through our Background Check Vendor; this report will come from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.