- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N Portland Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:DeNara HillHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):9.00 - 15.00, Hourly Work Schedule:Varies, may include some evenings and weekendsJob Summary:Job Summary:
TheStudent Success & Opportunity Center is a center dedicated to providingquality tutoring services for students at OSU-OKC. We provide tutoring forstudents in study skills and their specialized area(s) including:
Essential Job Functions:
- Helping students with challenging concepts.
- Providing feedback to instructors about where a student is struggling.
- Providing feedback to the director regarding issues or success stories.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated expertise in field of study.
Previous work in an education setting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of study skills and habits of successful students
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert