FWS Humanistic Clinical Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- Saybrook University
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
Department of Humanistic Clinical Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistantships
Saybrook University is seeking graduate student Teaching Assistants (TAs) to join its Department of Humanistic Clinical Psychology for Fall 2022 through Summer 2023. This is an internal hire only. One TA will be assigned to designated course shells with course enrollments of 12 or more students). Though the TA will be working closely with the faculty on record, the TA reports directly to the Program Chair. Selected courses are listed below, yet other first year courses may be added as enrollment progresses through registration. Therefore, it is recommended that potential applicants review first and second semester courses to identify any of the courses for which you would want to be considered. At this time, the following courses will likely require teaching assistants. This may vary for Spring and Summer 23.
PSY/EHP1080 History and Systems
PSY2025 Systems of Psychotherapy
PSY3025 Biological Bases of Behavior
PSY4050 Integrative Health Psychology: The Application of Psychological Concepts
PSY6010 The Psychology of Multiculturalism in North America
PSY6020 Developmental Psychology
PSY6030 Personality Theory and Research
PSY6060 Ethics and Laws in Psychotherapy and Behavioral Sciences
PSY8250 Personality Assessment
Under the direction of the course faculty, the (TA) is responsible for supporting the development of the course, student matriculation, and instruction. The teaching assistantship offers learning opportunities for graduate students interested in teaching careers and mentorship. This position also reports to the program chair and may be invited to support of degree program initiatives.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the faculty of record
- Meeting periodically with course faculty
- Potential collaboration in the building of the course shell
- Responding to student posting and/or course assignments in coordination and at the direction of faculty
- Follow up with students accordingly
- Deepening the learning experience for peers
- Committed to advancing the Saybrook mission and academic excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Professionalism and mature interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Log into course shell at an agreed upon expectation with the course instructor
- Respond to emails within 24 hours during business week
- Currently enrolled in the Saybrook Clinical Psychology program
- Good Academic standing, having completed at least 4 semesters of the program
- Successful completion of the course(s) in which one is serving as the Teaching Assistant
- Clinical experience and/or training either during matriculation or before
- Satisfactory completion of FERPA training and any other university designated trainings
- Qualification for Federal Work Study (FWS)
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century in the field of progressive Western psychology. It continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Compensation & BenefitsThis opportunity is budgeted at $17.00 base compensation. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working at Saybrook University
Saybrook University is the world’s premier institution for humanistic studies. It is a rigorous and unique learner-centered educational institution offering advanced degrees in psychology, mind-body medicine, and organizational systems. Saybrook’s programs are deeply rooted in the humanistic tradition and a commitment to help students develop as whole people – mind, body, and spirit – in order to achieve their full potential. Experiential learning and professional training are integral components of the transformative education offered through Saybrook’s programs.
Saybrook University is growing to bring together new disciplines and apply its humanistic perspective to a broad spectrum of practical fields.
The University comprises graduate programs divided into four cohesive schools focused on specific disciplines and career and professional outcomes:
· School of Organizational Leadership and Transformation (OLT)
· School of Mind-Body Medicine
· School of Clinical Psychology
· School of Psychology and Interdisciplinary Inquiry
Our global community of scholars and practitioners is dedicated to advancing human potential to create a humane and sustainable world. We accomplish this by providing our students with the skills to achieve and make a difference, empowering them to pursue their passions and their life’s work. Our scholars and practitioners are creative, compassionate innovators pursuing new ways of thinking and doing for their professions, organizations, and communities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert