Under general supervision of the Associate Chair of Clinical Psychology, performs, coordinates and oversees technical and administrative support work within the program area. May supervise work-study students or other personnel. Acts independently and oversees well-defined projects providing assistance to management staff. This position is currently hybrid, working onsite three days a week and two days remotely.
- Provides administrative support and meets regularly with the Department Chair and Associate Chair concerning management issues, status of projects, administrative functions and other operational issues.
- Handles administrative and fiscal activities on behalf of the department.
- Provides direction to ensure all department functions comply with policies and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of reports, grant applications, financials, or other documentation that may be required for accreditation or any other application.
- Acts as a liaison between students and faculty when necessary. Establish relationships internally regarding recruitment, orientation, student advising, etc.
- Identifies and pursues ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures used by students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Interprets new directives, policies, and procedures and communicates changes to appropriate staff. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Ensures the proper recording and storage of electronic and paper student records.
- Provides assistance to William James College students, other departments within the institution and field sites as necessary. Act as a point of contact to field questions for faculty and staff. May assist with some onboarding logistics.
- May assist with event planning.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Familiarity with technology is essential including: Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel a must), Constant Contact (preferred), and database reporting tools (a plus). Ability to learn and become department expert on institution databases.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Customer-service-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to compose and edit written material.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Our benefits package includes generous health, vision and dental insurance, eligibility for both College funded 401(a) retirement plan and Employer sponsored 403(b) plan, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous PTO, and professional development opportunities.
William James College is not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Employment at William James College may qualify for The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
To apply, please visit our career site.
- Click on the position you are interested in applying to
- Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process
Applications will be reviewed when submitted and considered until the position is filled.
Inclusive Excellence at William James College: William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.