Assistant Professor, School CounselingType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Murray, KYEmployment Term:
Academic YearPosition Type:
Ed Studies Ldrshp CnslngSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Murray State University is seeking an Assistant Professor in Counseling (Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling) to assist in the growth of a Counselor Education program and associated Counseling and Assessment Center. We are seeking creative, innovative, and experienced applicants who are interested in making a difference as the College of Education and Human Services and the Department of Educational Studies, Leadership, and Counseling embodies outstanding instruction and extraordinary community relationships. We promote diversity in and outside of the classroom; as such, we are committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty. Women and faculty from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Full-time, tenure track position to begin January 2023.
The successful candidate will:
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Teach three courses per semester, one of which will be a school counseling related course
- Coordinate counseling operations for the Counseling and Assessment Center
- Maintain an advising caseload of graduate and undergraduate students
- Supervise practicum and internship students
- Engage in professional research and scholarly activities
- Pursue involvement in appropriate professional organizations at the national, regional, and/or state levels
- Be actively involved in departmental, college, and university committees.
Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited program. ABDs with a documented plan of completion by appointment date will be considered.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
Demonstrated capability to teach at the graduate-level. Eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Experience working, supervising, and/or directing in a counseling center.Posting Date:
03/23/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of transcripts
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by October 14, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.