Communications Specialist-Dept - Job Opening 244921
How to Apply:
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at https://www.augusta.edu/jobs and search Job ID: 244921.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years' of progressing experience in communication/marketing position(s) and demonstrated abilities in project management, planning, promotion, establishing new campaigns, and evaluating outcomes.
This position will work with administrative staff, faculty and students in the college to help develop and execute communications strategies and tactics. The position's primary responsibilities are in supporting internal and external communications as an effort to create and maintain a positive public image and to promote college and department programs, faculty and students by producing deliverables in the following formats: written form, graphics, photography, videography, social media and audio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison between the College and the Division of Communications and Marketing (DCM): Maintain situational awareness of the College’s priorities by attending college and departmental meetings, as assigned by the Dean and his team; Maintain knowledge of and adherence to the University/DCM guidelines on branding, media policies, web governance, news sites, pre-designed templates for PowerPoints, flyers, forms, letterhead, social media channels, etc.
- Content Development and Management: In coordination with the Dean and his leadership team, develop and execute external and internal communications that promote, enhance and protect the profile of the College of Science and Mathematics and support implementation of our programs and activities; Serve as the primary point of contact/interface with the college’s subject matter experts to capture/draft & produce/edit information to be delivered through the various communications outlets (e.g. academic catalog, college & university website(s), newsletters, print materials, social media, etc.); Schedule, coordinate, and implement communication and promotional meetings; Coordinate involvement of project team members, as necessary and collaborate with the Dean and his team and the departments regarding collateral materials, etc. for marketing/recruiting events; In coordination with the Dean and his team, create and coordinate production schedules; Identify, document (record and/or write) and disseminate internal blurbs, stories, videos and/or news items as they pertain to the unit and notify DCM for consideration of broader dissemination (e.g.: publication in Jagwire, media release, etc.); Capture, produce and maintain a growing library of digital content, testimonials (images, videos, quotations, etc.) and written content which vividly conveys the experience, people, achievements and initiatives of the college and its departments and special programs to support a variety of marketing, promotional and informational needs; Create, coordinate and select photography and videography for print and electronic communications; Maintain effective relationships with graphic designers, photographers and printing companies; Develop content to be included in standard materials delivered to students, faculty, staff, and the community; Initiate updates to existing content delivered in the various outlets; Support employee, student and community engagements via production and dissemination of communications for the College promoting its academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs; Suggest and initiate activities that support opportunities for strategic internal and external communication
- Newsletters & Electronic Communications: Utilize templates provided and/or endorsed by DCM to create electronic newsletters for internal and/or external audiences by aggregating content from a variety of sources and creating content as needed; Utilize tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM (Poppulo, mail chimp, listservs, etc.) to electronically distribute newsletters and other forms of communication or engagement (surveys, invitations/mailing, application processes, document repositories, calendar events, etc.)
- Website & Digital Billboard Management: A assigned by the Dean and his team, serve as the College's web publisher; Assist the college and our departments in generating and publishing image, video and written content to maintain fresh, engaging and informative web pages and digital billboards; In coordination with the Dean and his team, create and manage the schedule for how often each web 'page' is reviewed for accuracy and relevancy by implementing the plan outlines in web governance; As assigned by the Dean and his team, utilize tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM to update content on the web and conduct a regular review for broken links, misspellings, etc.; As assigned by the Dean and his team, conduct reviews of website and digital billboard content to ensure it is updated appropriately
- Print Materials: As assigned by the Dean and his/her team, collaborate in the development and dissemination of printed materials for educational, advancement and administrative purposes; As assigned by the Dean and his team, support the development and creation of materials for organizational initiatives; Meet content deadlines based on production schedules from the Dean's office and DCM
- Social Media Management: Receive and edit content from subject matter experts for publication via social media; As assigned by the Dean and his team, curate content for social channels to meet regular posting standards; Utilize tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM to update content on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned