WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is sponsored by Providence Ministries. As part of the Providence Health System (PHS) the University continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Guiding all Providence Ministries are the shared values of dignity, compassion, justice, excellence and integrity.
ESSENTIAL POSITION PURPOSE
The Registrar is the administrator responsible for maintenance of all student academic records, with direction, leadership, and oversight of all Office of the Registrar functions, in a manner which is consistent with the Mission of the university while meeting all accreditation and best practice standards. Responsible for organizing and supervising daily operations concerned with registration, management of student academic records, records system processing, athletic eligibility, scheduling, and managing software / technical components involved in registrar-related functions.
- Supervise, direct, lead and manage all activities and personnel related to the Registrar’s Office
- Serve as Principle Designated School Official (PDSO) for SEVIS to the Department of Homeland Security
- Evaluate incoming transcripts while adhering to institutional policies on transfer credit acceptance
- Provide accountability for athletic eligibility certification processes as required by each individual organization and/or conference
- Provide accountability for all aspects of the semester course schedule processes
- Provide oversight of all academic policies including but not limited to student grades, class lists, change of grade notifications, and incomplete conversions
- Provide oversight on the end of term processing duties to update all academic records and ensure successful completion for each part of term
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for delivery of quality student support services and efficiency of departmental operations
- Analyze and evaluate graduation applications for degree candidacy and post degrees
- Administer and oversee the budget for the Registrar’s Office
- Oversee the accuracy of student records and transcript database for both current and non-current students
- Process student documentation through use of databases
- Lead the graduation process, including student files, audit, honors list, spreadsheets, authorization for posting degree, posting degree to transcript, ordering diplomas, President’s signature, Business Office approval, mail diplomas, and mail complimentary transcripts
- Lead the organization and coordination of commencement events and publications
- Provide accountability that all records are maintained according to AACRAO regulations Ensure compliance with legal release of information and public information act; i.e. FERPA and Public Information Act Assist with advisor training, and provide input into assignment and assessment Lead FERPA training for university personnel
- Print official and unofficial transcripts
- Provide oversight of all software and resources used in curriculum management and student records keeping (Banner Student, Student Self Service, DegreeWorks, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of curriculum as it pertains to software, databases, and Registrar publications
- Complete third-party reports such as IPEDS, enrollment verification, degree verification, etc.
- Assist with development and maintenance of consortium agreements
- Oversee all aspects of student petitions including, but not limited to: special circumstance withdrawal, academic standing appeals, special consideration, course substitution, and course waivers
- Attend Faculty, Curriculum, Undergraduate and Graduate Council meetings pertaining to academic governance
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in higher education setting preferred, specifically within student services.
- Experience working with complex data systems is required.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required. Previous work with Ellucian-based products preferred (Banner, Self Service, DegreeWorks)
- Previous experience as registrar preferred
- Previous experience supervising employees preferred
- Understanding of AACRAO best practice, FERPA, and SEVIS preferred
- Understanding of federal laws that impact higher education preferred
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict and crucial conversations effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Excellent rational, communication, academic and administrative skill.
- Ability to foster a cooperative, collaborative, and consistent work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively disseminate management information regarding regulations and requirements to various stakeholders is required.
- Ability to manage and disseminate details associated with the implementation of complex policies and procedures is required.
- Effective decision-making skills is required.
- Ability to interpret and enforce regulations and procedures is required.
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assess problems, identify appropriate actions and communicate solutions to all stakeholders.