Campus Program Manager Annual Giving - CU Denver
Campus Program Manager Annual Giving - CU Denver - 26247 University Staff Description
The CU System Office of Advancement provides excellent customer service, strategy, expertise, and efficiency to our partners on CU's campuses and at the University of Colorado Foundation. We support CU's fundraising and engagement goals through advancement operations that include constituent research and development, data management, business intelligence, technical architecture, annual giving, planned giving, gift administration, marketing and communications, IT, budget and finance, and more. We believe that a healthy office culture is foundational to our success. We create this by bringing together a diverse team of colleagues and infusing our core values—Work Together, Think Big, Be Good and Have Fun—into our work every day. Position Description
Within Central Advancement, the Central Annual Giving team focuses on building expertise specific to the annual giving industry to provide exceptional service to the campuses and identify multi-campus resource efficiencies. The team champions data-driven decision making, providing each campus with the tools and information needed to understand and address their unique Annual Giving challenges and priorities. The team includes three Campus Program Managers and two Assistant Directors who are embedded within specific campus-based Advancement teams: one campus program manager at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, University of Colorado Boulder, and University of Colorado Denver and one Assistant Director at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and the University of Colorado Boulder.
The Campus Program Manager for CU Denver will be located at the University of Colorado Denver campus. Their objective will be to secure new, recurring and upgraded gifts under the $25,000 level by closely partnering across central and campus Advancement teams to support identified key performance indicators and by utilizing data to help drive outcomes. As part of a 9-person Central Annual Giving team, the Campus Program Manager supports the design and implementation of strategies by leveraging innovative outreach channels, such as crowdfunding and digital/online, in partnership with the Denver Advancement Team. The Denver Advancement team supports all schools, colleges and units on the Denver campus. The team's responsibilities include major gifts, annual giving, donor relations and administration, advancement communications, alumni engagement, and corporate and foundation relations.
This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system. About the University of Colorado Denver:
CU Denver is an economic engine, driving the economy of metro Denver and the state through education, research, and public service. Accredited with the CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Denver is ranked as an R1 research university, representing the highest level of research activity.
As Colorado's only public urban research University, CU Denver continues to focus on recruiting and retaining students traditionally underrepresented in higher education. CU Denver's urban setting and its origins in serving non-traditional populations attract students who specifically seek learning opportunities that cross boundaries. CU Denver is made up of eight schools and colleges and more than 100 academic programs and degrees. COVID-19
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Cross-Campus Collaboration and Customer Service
- Supports the implementation of the agreed-upon baseline of Annual Giving activities that are shared across CU [described within a system-wide Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)]
- Supports coordination between CU Denver and central annual giving partners, including developing collaborative strategies, implementing processes, and coordinating communications efforts, such as calendars, listservs, trainings, and meetings
- Supports the pursuit of each campus' Annual Giving key performance indicators
- Supports close partnerships and collaborative processes with CU's four campuses to maximize the use and efficiency of existing phone and crowdfunding tools, actively responding to requests and concerns
- Supports the development and distribution of regular reports and presentations to enable the annual giving team and system-wide Advancement leadership to review, monitor, and assess the effectiveness of the phone and crowdfunding programs
- Manage and support the CU Denver crowdfunding platform. Working alongside Annual Giving staff on campus to help implement, manage, and track campus crowdfunding initiatives
- Support evergreen fundraising projects on the crowdfunding platform, including technical needs, while encouraging best practices and reporting on results
- Support the CU Denver Giving Day, managing the project from strategic planning through implementation and reporting, including coordinating committees, crafting marketing materials, and training staff and volunteers, when appropriate
- Manage and support the CU Denver crowdfunding platform. Working alongside annual giving staff on the campus to help implement, manage, and track campus crowdfunding initiatives
- Oversees the CU Denver Giving Day, managing the project from strategic planning through implementation and reporting, including coordinating committees, crafting marketing materials, stewardship communications, and training staff and volunteers, when appropriate
- Actively manages the call center on behalf of CU Denver. Works closely with Central Annual Giving team, campus team, and RNL
- Works in conjunction with campus annual giving team on segmented appeals, class gift, student philanthropy, and other campus-specific appeals
- Manages select campus-specific and unit-specific appeals, in partnership with system departments and external vendors
- Develops, maintains, and regularly distributes a comprehensive calendar of fundraising communications stemming from Annual Giving efforts within Central Advancement, the CU Denver campus, and each of the CU Denver units
- Serves as data analyst, providing insights to campus-specific metrics, trends, best practices, segments, and potential appeals
- Provides information, guidance, and trainings on trends and benchmarks within the annual giving industry and works to support annual giving best practices across the CU Denver campus
- Monitors the performance of campus and unit level appeals; making recommendations and/or modifying strategy to improve performance and resource efficiency
- Provides regular reports on the outcomes of fundraising efforts; communicating lessons learned, best practices, and industry trends to support the achievement of key performance indicators
Who we are and What we offer Who we are:
- Requests and manipulates data to provide lists, segments, analysis, and reports to support identified campus objectives
- Supports data analysis, partnering with internal data analytics teams and utilizing Blackbaud's donorCentrics product
- Pursues data-specific annual giving efforts that benefit CU, such as integrating new technologies, improving data quality, establishing appeal code policies and procedures, enhancing recurring gift functionality, etc.
- Ensures the on-time and accurate delivery of data files to internal and external partners
- Audits annual gift data to ensure accuracy, standardization, and accessibility, including identifying and isolating data anomalies, alerting appropriate staff, and following up to ensure effective resolution
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver is eligible for a hybrid work structure (part work from home, part in office).
Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
. What we offer: Salary:
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $56,600-$60,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of Annual Giving and fundraising efforts within complex organizations, preferably within a higher education or medical setting
- Knowledge of and ability to understand data, data trends, and data analysis to create strategies and make decisions
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to participate effectively within a multi-faceted, geographically-disperse team
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University Personnel, and the public
- Ability to complete thorough and accurate research
- Ability to appropriately apply relevant information to assigned projects
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis)
- Three (3) years' experience in fundraising, stewardship, events, or unit support in a higher education, nonprofit, or medical setting
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Five (5) years' experience fundraising in a higher education, nonprofit, or medical setting
- Two (2) years' experience utilizing annual giving data to create strategies, goals, and outcomes
- Experience leading a program or project from concept and strategy to execution and analysis
- Experience securing buy-in and support from stakeholders
- Experience in crowdfunding development efforts, including the use of crowdfunding software (CommunityFunded preferred)'
- Experience with complex donor databases, such as Advance, Salesforce, or Blackbaud
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by 9/13/2022. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected] Application
Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Also, ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Job Category
: Development Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 30, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Josh Brumley Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26247&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency