Compensation Data AnalystAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Human Resources ManagementProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The data analyst will lead the compensation area and data reporting of human resources. This position analyzes and interprets human resources data, through quantitative and qualitative analysis, using accepted statistical methods and qualitative research methods.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies and interprets the Fair Labor Standard Act criteria to ensure university positions are classified in compliance with federal regulations. Develops compensation reports for analysis for pay equity across the university.
- Coordinates activities associated with compensation assessment; institutional compliance; institutional research; and the collection, analysis, and reporting of information and data, including oversight of data reporting systems such as IPEDS, FTE report, Veteran’s Workforce report, institutional effectiveness reports.
- Oversee market and compression studies, merit processes, and other compensation planning and programs. Works closely with Training & Development to create and provide training for performance evaluation process.
- Develops and produces ad-hoc reports and query analysis in desired formats in a timely manner. Coordinates the production of automated and manual weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and data analytics on defined HR metrics.
- Reviews various HR related reports and surveys to ensure data accuracy and ensure deadlines to State and Federal agencies are met.
- Prepares, maintains, and present historical and comparative data.
- Participates in special projects as assigned, including conducting research, analyzing data or results, and drafting summary reports or presentations. Runs various reports. Participates in salary surveys.
- Serves as the point of contact at the System for representation on Workday working groups concerning performance, compensation and data analytics.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years in compensation administration, human resources, or data analytics. SAP or Enterprise Data Warehouse reporting experience. Supervisory experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, HRIS, and database applications. Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Training and public speaking experience.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate group interactions, trainings, and presentations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Five years of SAP or enterprise data warehouse reporting experience. Direct experience working with position classification and compensation practices in a University setting. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation. Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification and/or Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Certification. Experience with use of Workday HRIS compensation and performance management system. Laserfiche software experience. Experience in applying and interpreting Fair Labor Standard Act regulations. Two years supervisory experience. Higher education experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Compensation coordinator, employment coordinators, student workers
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.