Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
$0.00 per year
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Accepting applicationsAbout this position
Southern Wesleyan University is dedicated to the concept that God is the source of all truth and wisdom. Its mission is to create an atmosphere in which members of the university community work together toward wholeness through the integration of personal faith, intellectual pursuits, and practical living. The university seeks to meet the needs of students with various abilities and backgrounds, enabling them to realize their personal and professional educational goals. SWU is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). SWU competes in the very competitive Conference Carolinas.
SWU is seeking a part-time, 10-month Assistant Men’s Basketball who also serves as the Head JV Basketball Coach. This position is currently available.
Lead and direct the JV program. Coordinate with coaches for gym availability. Coach and develop the players on the JV team.Drive vans for games within 2 hours of campus.Comply with all rules set forth by the NCAA.Promote a positive and healthy image of the Southern Wesleyan University Athletic department.
- Carrying out the everyday tasks that come with running and operating the varsity program including but not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and carrying out practice plans
- Skill development
- On court coaching
- Travel arrangements and meals
About our ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior experience coaching men’s basketball
- Ability to have a flexible schedule working late nights and weekends.
Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements
- May need to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Requires ability to sit or stand for long periods in an interior office or weight room environment. May require lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applicants should be prepared to provide a brief written personal Christian testimony. In addition, please be prepared to provide the following digital documents:Cover letterCurriculum vita or resumeReferencesUnofficial transcripts (upon request)
About us Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Southern Wesleyan University to provide and maintain equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including but not limited to lactation), disability, genetic information, veteran-status, age, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies. The University reserves its right to operate as a church-related institution and to develop policies consistent with the religious tenets of its sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church, and is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended). University Mission
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. In addition to specific academic requirements, SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
To view the university's profile, visit About SWU. To learn more about The Wesleyan Church--it's history, beliefs, and position on current issues--visit wesleyan.org/about. Applicants for employment are encouraged to view the following links providing additional information about how our campus community lives out these beliefs and practices.
Statement of Purpose
University Core Values
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
- Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
- Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
- Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
- Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.