The Arizona School of Health Sciences at A.T. Still University (ATSU-ASHS) invites applications for a full-time Associate/Full Professor and Director of Research for the accredited masters (MSOT) and doctoral (OTD) graduate programs in the Department of Occupational Therapy. The Director of Research reports directly to the Chair and Program Director of the Department. The two entry-level graduate programs are residential on the Mesa, Arizona campus. Appointment will be for 12 months with rank and salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
The Director of Research should have a strong record of excellence in higher education with a demonstrated record of scholarly activity, peer-reviewed research, and grant writing. The candidate should be enthusiastic about joining a long-standing department with recent 10-year re-accreditation of both graduate programs with talented and collegial faculty. The candidate should value interprofessional practice and education and support the mission of the university for whole person healthcare dedicated to providing an education to meet the needs of a diverse student body and healthcare community.
This position is anticipated to begin on July 1, 2023.
Associate/Full Professor Component:
- Teach, design, and manage assigned components of the entry-level MS and OTD curriculum.
- Advise and mentor students for research and capstone projects.
- Facilitate development of experiential/community-based components of the entry-level residential OT curriculum with university partners.
- Teach in areas of content expertise and develop an active scholarship/research agenda to provide research opportunities for students.
- Participate in departmental, institutional and/or other professional service activities that support the mission of the institution.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
Director of Research Component:
- Ensure scholarly rigor of OT department research agenda, doctoral capstone projects, and MSOT EBP research projects.
- Responsible for managing and instructing the research components for the Doctoral Inquiry course series.
- Provide instruction for components of the MSOT evidence based practice course.
- Work with the Doctoral Capstone Coordinator regarding capstone projects that have a research focus.
- Provide mentorship for OTD students who are engaging in research-based capstone projects.
Assist Chair with development of OT Department research agenda.
- Provide mentorship for faculty regarding research design, data collection, analysis, interpretation of findings, and dissemination of research project outcomes.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for faculty to go through the promotion and tenure process.
- Assist Program Director with ACOTE documentation for standards related to scholarly work in Part B.
- Report to Chair and Program Director.
- Academic doctoral degree required from an accredited institution (PhD preferred).
- Previous experience as a full-time faculty with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level required.
- Established record of scholarship, teaching, and student advising.
- Licensed/eligible for Arizona OT licensure.
- Eligible for Associate or Full Professor rank upon hire.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in occupational therapy that must include at least 5 years of experience in an academic setting.
- Teaching experience in any of the following areas: behavioral health; pediatrics; research methods; evidence-based practice; neuroscience and/or pathophysiology; and/or administration and management.
- Preferred clinical experience in settings with pediatrics and/or mental health practice.
- Interested persons should apply online and submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae.
Please contact Rebecca Wolf, JD, MPH, OTR/L, Department of Occupational Therapy Chair, at [email protected] for additional information.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.