: 2891 (SPS - Graduate Admininstration)Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Aug 24, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-time - ExemptPosition ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
Part-Time Instructor Open Pool in all STEM programs
The School of Professional Studies at Clark University seeks Part Time Faculty to teach face-to-face graduate level courses in the Computer Science and Information Technology.
Review of applications will be on ongoing basis depending on curricular need; interested applicants should electronically submit a resume, unofficial transcripts, and a cover letter highlighting professional experience, including a list of courses previously taught. Individuals will be contacted by the program lead person if they reach the finalist stage for teaching a particular course or set of courses.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials appropriate to the assigned course level.
- Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class education lectures and activities, evaluation of students' work.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with SPS, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Work cooperatively within the SPS community.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline, from an accredited institution
- Current professional experience related to the field of study for 3 years or more.
- A Ph.D. in computer Science or closely related field is highly desirable
- Higher Education experience teaching advanced courses covering one or more of the following computer science and IT course areas:
- Software Engineering, Data Science, Cyber Security. Python, Database.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
HR to select: A successful background check is required upon acceptance.