Executive Director Development & Alumni Relations
Staff (Full-Time) --> Development & Alumni EngagementGulfport, FL • ID: 936 - 280 • Full-Time/Regular
Primary Purpose: Serve as chief development and alumni relations officer at the College of Law; provide executive leadership for all development and alumni relations activities of Stetson University College of Law in advancing the fundamental mission of Florida’s first law school. The Dean and the Executive Director of Development will collaborate closely to develop and execute strategic fundraising and alumni outreach efforts and the Executive Director serves as a key member of the Dean’s leadership team. The Executive Director also works with other academic leaders within Stetson Law School, as well as with other partners across the University and central development division in DeLand, Florida. Demonstrated experience with prospect segmentation, messaging, and fundraising marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive development program to achieve annual fundraising goals, working closely with various constituencies, especially alumni, prospective donors, foundations and corporations.
- Leads the development staff in ambitious strategic planning, goal setting and performance evaluation in connection with institutional priorities.
- Directs, leads, coaches, and motivates staff to ensure potential donors understand the opportunities provided in special events, stewardship programs, alumni programs, fellows programs, and student fundraising programs; works with student volunteers, administrators, faculty, and staff to build awareness of these programs.
- Oversee the Development and Alumni Relations budgets and financial reporting of contributions in a timely and effective manner.
- Work closely with the Dean, members of the Board of Overseers, Stetson Lawyers Association, and other volunteer leaders on major gift solicitations.
- Proactively and strategically manages a portfolio of well-qualified leadership, major gifts and planned giving prospects and meets personal annual revenue and activities goals.
- Assist the Dean in identifying and cultivating potential members of the Board of Overseers and other leadership positions.
- Coordinate the work of the Dean in support of the College of Law Strategic Plan and Campus Master Plan.
- Participate as an advisor and collaborate with the Vice President for University Development and Alumni Engagement and the Dean and as a key member of the College of Law senior staff.
- Works with the Dean to establish meaningful, measurable goals for the development team and closely monitors progress on team goals and provides Dean with regular progress reports on goals.
- Work collaboratively with others developing strategies to maximize development potential on business sector, the Tampa community and national philanthropic area.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have significant successful experience in fundraising, campaign planning, management and organizational leadership, and a desire to develop and lead an entrepreneurial and ambitious strategy for advancing the college’s fundraising and outreach operations.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of ten or more years of combined major gifts and related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. JD, MBA, or CFRE preferred.
- Must have a track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals.
- Experience in managing and leading goal-oriented teams and in planning development efforts in support of institutional strategies.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular sensitivity to sophisticated, high net-worth audiences, impeccable writing, presentation skills, and
- Ability to utilize complex data systems and technologies, including the Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM system.
- A passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions; demonstrated knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
- Dedication to and understanding of the skills required to build relationships with diverse communities; a commitment to professional development, learning and being mentored.
- Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Ability to travel extensively and work flexible schedule.
- Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.