Clinical Faculty, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Job OverviewAs one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is seeking a full-time non-tenure clinical service track position to join an active faculty group dedicated to supporting the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in all activities. Essential Functions
- Responsibilities of this position includes clinical, research and teaching activities of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residents.
- Patient care responsibilities include diagnosis of problems of the oral and maxillofacial regions and performing surgery for maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, TMJ disorders, dental implants, pathology of the jaws, ambulatory anesthesia, and dentoalveolar surgery.
- Plan, direct and coordinate research activities.
- Participate in the faculty practice and resident supervision in operating room and ward teaching and directing activities of surgical trainees and medical students.
Prior to effective date of the appointment all of the following are required:
- DDS or DMD.
- Licensure by Ohio Dental Board.
- Completion of Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (defined by 48 months’ training).
- Eligible for American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery qualifying examination.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert