Senior Data Analyst
- Albany State University
- Albany State Rec. Location
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Albany State Rec. Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 248348
Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, medical and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment.Location
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.Job Summary
The senior data analyst performs various functions, which primarily involves providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to solve institutional problems.Responsibilities
The senior data analyst serves a primary role in advancing the research and analytic needs of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The individual in this position should have experience in building capacity for utilizing data to make data-informed decisions. This position is responsible for the following key roles.
1) Developing complex data analysis, methodologies, and predictive data models for assessing university wide outcomes.
2) Developing and leading projects that include a variety of advanced qualitative and quantitative analytic assignments.
3) Collecting, analyzing, and reporting of institutional data.
4) Providing technical assistance and building understanding among stakeholders about the effective use of data.
5) Developing systems and tools for effective data management, visualization and interpretation (systems design, dashboards, information graphics, mapping, Tableau).
6) Coordinating the collection, verification and electronic submission of all state and federal data reporting including but not limited to state databases, IPEDS.
7) Working with data governance committee to create data dictionary/glossary and resolve incorrect data in databases.
8) Supporting implementation of continuous improvement processes.Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, education, social sciences or related fields required with one or more years of relevant work experience.
A person should have at least 2 to 4 years of related working experience in the data analytic discipline.
Master’s degree preferred
A person should have at least 5 to 7 years of related working experience in the data analytic disciplineProposed Salary
Salary range is from $41,000 to $56,000Required Documents to Attach
List of ReferencesKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience or specific knowledge in: SQL Programing; PL/SQL Dashboards; Scorecards; Metrics; Analytics OLAP Design Data Mining; Data Cleansing; Data Modeling Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Development Dimensional Modeling, DW Architecture Master Data Management (MDM); Data Quality; Metadata Management;
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws; statistical tools; R, SPSS, SAS, Python, Survey tools (SurveyMonkey, Campus labs).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data. Ability to write SQL
- Data visualization skills and applied knowledge of Tableau;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook; Strong customer-service orientation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills;
- Highly self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively multitask with close attention to schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Ability to analyze problems, identifies alternative solutions, determine project consequences of proposed actions & make recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to learn new technologies, software & adapt to change on an ongoing basis
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by email at [email protected] For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources at (229) 500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 229-500-3442.
Albany State University is a four-year institution in southwest Georgia offering undergraduate and graduate liberal arts and professional degree programs, and a wide range of outreach programs to the community. Albany State University is located in Albany, a progressive city of 100,000, on a 206-acre campus featuring impressive new buildings. The school has gained a reputation as the "Unsinkable Albany State" after surviving two major floods.
Both traditional and non-traditional students make up the more than 4,000 students who attend Albany State. They come primarily from southwest and middle Georgia, Atlanta, other states in the U.S., and several foreign countries. The average student age is 24 and about 40 percent of the students live in on-campus housing.
Albany State offers more than 30 undergraduate degree programs, of which the most popular majors are biology, criminal justice, computer science, middle-grades education, business administration and nursing. The University offers six advanced degrees: the master of science in criminal justice, master of public administration, master of business administration, master of science in nursing, master of education in 11 majors, and an education specialist degree. The university also offers the Board of Regents' engineering transfer program and the dual degree program in engineering with Georgia Tech.
Students at Albany State stay busy after class by participating in 59 clubs and organizations including bands, choirs, religious groups, honor societies, several major Greek and honor sororities and fraternities, and ROTC. An NCAA Division II school, Albany State's intercollegiate sports include men's football, basketball, baseball, track and field, cross-country and women's basketball, volleyball, cross-country and track and field.
A historically black institution, Albany State was founded in 1903 as the Albany Bible and Manual Training Institute and supported by private religious organizations. It remained privately supported through 1917, when it began to receive state support and became the Georgia Normal and Agricultural College. It continued to grow and in 1932, when the Board of Regents was established, it became part of the University System of Georgia. The mission was expanded in 1943, and it became a four-year college and assumed the name Albany State College. In 1981 the college offered its first graduate program and in 1996 its name was changed to Albany State University.
Degrees & Majors Authorized
Compliance, Ethics, and Reporting Hotline
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert