HCM Payroll Support Professional
HCM Payroll Support Professional - 26586 University Staff Description
Who We Are
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
Employee Services provides the CU community with excellent services from recruitment to retirement. This office provides technical expertise while administering benefits, professional development, payroll, individual tax management, and strategic HR programs. The functional areas of Employee Services include Payroll, Technologies, Benefits, Retirement, Financial Education, Learning and Development, International Tax and Human Resources. Position Summary
The position of the HCM Payroll Support Professional will serve as a functional advisor and ambassador for Employee Services while providing service, support and counseling to university faculty, staff, students, retirees and their dependents through payroll programs, policies and procedures and to department users entering transactions into the Human Capital Management (HCM) system. This position serves as part of a Payroll cross-functional team consisting of HCM/Payroll Support, Payroll Coordinators, and Payroll Processors. The teams work together, sharing information, with identified campus staff, students, and system users, rotating as determined by team and leadership. The person in this position will contact and answer calls from customers and CU department users via telephone, e-mail, fax, or by responding to and addressing tickets submitted to Cherwell, the HCM/Payroll issue tracking system. Professional customer service and proficient written communication is required of this position. HCM/Payroll Support Professionals must work with a sense of urgency responding to all Cherwell tickets and escalations within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA) established by Employee Services leadership.
The HCM Payroll Support Professional role will assess incoming issues or concerns and determine the best way to resolve them. This person must determine the customer's knowledge base to educate them on appropriate procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll payments and may guide users to the appropriate resource materials and training guides. They will escalate issues to other members of their payroll team as appropriate. This person will be responsible for recording contact information and resolutions into Cherwell.
The HCM Payroll Support Professional role reports to the Payroll Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system. Where you will work
This position offices out of our System Administration office located at 1800 Grant Street in Denver. This position is eligible for a hybrid work structure (part in office, part work from home). Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Who we are and What we offer Salary:
- Receive inbound escalation calls from the Customer Service Center for level 1 and 2 questions and issues which include but are not limited to the CU policies and procedures, portal access, HCM system, including questions with position data, job data, personal data and time collection.
- Provide answers to questions and issues related to pay, multistate tax compliance and issues, overpayments, and off-cycle payments, Time and Attendance, Absence Management, and CU's Applicant Tracking and Recruiting system.
- Research and update incorrect or missing data in employees' job or personal data.
- Respond to level 1 and 2 issues sent to the HCM Community email inbox within established SLA.
- Collaborate with other members of the Payroll cross-functional team regarding escalated issues.
- Provide timely feedback to the organization regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Build sustainable relationships with team and campus staff through trust and open and interactive communication.
- Track all escalations via the Cherwell ticketing system.
- Adhere to established metrics with regards to Cherwell ticket closure.
- Ensure the professional delivery of HCM and payroll actions in compliance with Employee Services technical guidelines, administrative policies, and procedures.
- Prepare written step-by-step guides on duties to guarantee knowledge transfer opportunities for other members of the Payroll cross-functional team.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $50,000-$52,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
- Focus Fridays - 4 hours a month of time reserved for employee development and personal enrichment
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of payroll systems and processes.
- Knowledge of HCM system.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- High level of commitment to customer service.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience, including four years' experience in a fast-paced Customer Service environment). Preferred Qualifications:
- At least one (1) year of experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), or other similar systems or tracking systems.
- Two (2) years of experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), or other similar systems.
- Prior work experience in Higher Education environments.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM system.
- Fundamental payroll knowledge including the ability to explain how social security, Medicare, federal and state taxes are taken on a paycheck.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected] Application
Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application: 1. A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess 2. A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Please ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. 3. A portfolio must be linked from your resume or uploaded as an attachment to your application. Job Category
: Human Resources Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 30, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: systemHR Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26586&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency