Johnson County Community College
CDL A Instructor - Truck Driver Trainer, Continuing Education & Workforce DevelopmentType of Position:
Non-Credit Instructor, ExemptWork Schedule, Hours per week:
Hours and days will vary.Pay Grade/Pay Range:
$40 per hourOpportunity for hybrid schedule:
Partial benefitsPosition Summary:
Johnson County Community College is seeking experienced CDL Truck Drivers to conduct CDL training classes. JCCC offers commercial truck driver training courses to prepare new drivers for their commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A. In this role, we instruct people how to properly conduct pre-trip inspections and safely operate a commercial motor vehicle. This is a part-time position. Number of workdays per month are flexible. Hours are based on course schedules and could include weekdays, evenings, and weekends as available.Required Qualifications:
- Must possess a Class A CDL driver's license and a current Department of Transportation medical card
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check with a motor vehicle record search
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft program applications
- 3 or more years' truck driving experience
- Previous teaching in community college or secondary education
- Class A CDL driving experience with tankers, doubles and triples, and hazardous materials endorsements
- 5 or more years Truck driving experience
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, and/or cover letter.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach hands on portion of the Truck Driver Training Program (pre-trip inspection, and behind the wheel training)
- Maintain student files in compliance with JCCC standards
- Maintain Truck Driver Training Program equipment
- Maintain inventory of training supplies
- Work as member of instructional team to improve program and processes.
- Evaluate and grade students throughout the program
- Maintain relationships with employers in the trucking industry
- Shuttle equipment as needed from the truck rental site to our site of instruction or testing sites.
- Uses a variety of techniques and technology to actively engage students in the learning process.
- Adapts instruction to various student learning styles.
- Provides feedback to students in attaining course goals and objectives.
- Develops and utilizes a variety of assessment tools to validate course, program and institutional outcomes.
- Maintains clearly stated course outcomes, competencies, instructional methods, and methods of assessment in each course.
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.Diversity Statement:
Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students' success. You belong here.About JCCC:
Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.Disclosure:
If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected]
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/494120/cdl-a-instructor-truck-driver-trainer
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency