DEAN, SCHOOL OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
The University of Providence seeks applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Health Professions. The University community seeks a dynamic, creative, forward-thinking leader to energize, develop, and oversee the strong programs and exceptional faculty that comprise the School.
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located on 44 park-like acres in Great Falls, Montana. Founded by the Sisters of Providence in 1932, the University is a ministry of Providence Health System and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry as well as other needs within the larger region.
The University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and offers 30 undergraduate and six graduate academic programs through the School of Health Professions and the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Nearly 400 students matriculate on campus and participate in numerous recreational and club activities and organizations.
The School of Health Professions operates primarily in an online environment that offers students a high degree of flexibility in scheduling. The Dean serves as a leader in Academic Affairs and is responsible for administrative excellence, academic excellence, budget, personnel management, and reporting for all departments within the School of Health Professions. As an academic officer, this role assumes a school-wide perspective and a strategic role in communication with the school's constituents. The Dean is a member of the administration as well as a member of the faculty of the university (with voice in faculty affairs but no vote).
Qualifications for the next Dean include:
- Doctoral degree required, preferably in an academic field within the School of Health Professions.
- Demonstration of successful and significant faculty leadership such as serving as a department chair, committee chair, faculty representative to a board of trustees, faculty chair or vice chair, program director, center director, etc.
- Faculty teaching experience is required.
- High degree of creativity in program development and implementation and evidence of success in “building something from scratch” and putting it into action.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Catholic mission of the University, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by September 26, 2022. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located at https://rhperry.com/ProvidenceSHP.
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting the University of Providence in this search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Dr. John Hutchinson, Senior Consultant, and Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at [email protected].