Pediatric and Adult Interventional Radiologist, Assistant or Associate Professor, Department of RadiologyLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Aug 10, 2022Description:
The Department of Radiology is seeking two Pediatric Interventional Radiologists at the rank of Assistant or Associate level interested in clinical and teaching responsibilities. The candidate must have at least 5 consecutive years experience as an Interventional Radiologist in an academic or private practice setting. One of the positons will be 50% Pediatric IR and 50% Adult IR.
The Pediatric Interventional Procedures will be performed at Children's Hospital New Orleans, where as adult cases will be at Tulane University Hospital and Clinic
Duties will include the following:
- Collaborates with the Chair and physicians, to develop and maintain the department’s missions in clinical care, education, research, and administration.
- Responsible for the monthly IR schedule and coverage.
- Medical student liaison for IR interest group and is responsible for maintaining the medical student IR elective.
- ESIR Program director and maintains/updates the fellowship program as necessary.
- Responsible for procuring and implementing new procedures and continuing to grow the section.
- Maintains and oversees the IR clinic.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Assures teaching of residents, fellows and medical students while on IR rotations.
- Performs cases according to the schedule
- Actively attempts to add to the repertoire of procedures by investigating and performing current and new cases.
- Presents formal lectures to the residents and medical students
- Participates in inter and intradepartmental committees.
Board certified or Board eligible Radiologist
MD or DO
Must have completed an accredited Radiology Residency program.
Must have completed an Interventional Radiology Fellowship.
Must have at least 5 consecutive years practicing as an Interventional Radiologist in an academic or private settingApplication Instructions:
Submit an application using Interfolio via the "Apply Now" button on this page
Applicants are asked to provide a complete CV and contacts as references for review by the search committee. You may upload additional materials to your application
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Please have all your materials submitted prior to this time if you'd like to be included in the first review.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
Merisa A. Pasternak, MPH, Director of Anesthesiology and Radiology, [email protected] Type in the e-mail subject line: "IR Open Position"
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.