Administrative Services Assistant, Senior
COE: Educational Specialties
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
The Administrative Services Assistant, Senior for the Department of Educational Specialties manages the front office operations for the department and provides administrative support for undergraduate and graduate programs. The position requires a variety of advanced office/administrative skills related to the work unit; and ability to analyze and respond to administrative matters within established limits to ensure that the department's needs are being met and that University procedure and policies are being followed. This position is expected to communicate regularly with the Department Chair on various topics.
- Provide administrative support to search committees, including download applications materials.
- Assist with candidate campus interview travel arrangements; working within the parameters set by the HR and Finance Service Teams.
- Maintain departmental documents including syllabi on shared drive (NAU Shares).
- Keep Chair's calendar up to date with activities, meetings, and events.
- Coordinate logistics, scheduling, and participant communications for workshops, meetings, and department events.
- Manage records including retention of documents and disposal.
- Participate, plan, and prepare for departmental meetings and take minutes.
- Research, summarize and analyze information; use statistics to compile data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following the Chair's general direction; selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Maintain departmental webpage.
- Manage front office operations.
- Answer inquiries and compose correspondence on own initiative, specifically on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assist in coordinating and reviewing mass communications to departments, students, faculty, staff, and the public in facilitating public relations and communications goals and student service.
- Assist with hiring graduate assistants.
Admissions Team Support
- Review and route various masters' applications for COE graduate programs, student petitions, programs of study change of grade forms, and graduation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school degree,
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required
- Any combination of related education, experience and training may be used as an equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- Four or more years of directly related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of payroll and finance policies.
- Knowledge of or experience with PeopleSoft Employee Management (LOUIE) and PeopleSoft Financial software, Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of or experience with academic structure and terminology
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles .
- Proficient in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to to effectively communicate in speech and writing.
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to display consistent, positive communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team setting and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work in an academic environment serving diverse constituencies.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $36,018. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606448&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency