Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking a Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator
who will assists the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering in promoting and growing graduate programs, and other programs as assigned, through the recruitment of students for the school's full- and part-time engineering programs. Additionally, this position will support graduate program awareness through recruitment and marketing activities. This position will attend academic/industry conferences and events and manage information sessions for prospective students, virtually and in-person. This position requires working outside normal business hours, as well as travel (within the Maryland/DC/Virginia area and nationally). Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact and liaison for prospective students related to student recruitment activities organized by the WSE's Marketing and Communications team.
- Respond to recruitment and graduate program inquiries and connect with prospective students, corporate partners, and other audiences via email communications and one-on-one meetings via Zoom or other channels.
- Represent WSE's part-time/online programs at recruitment events throughout the Baltimore-Washington region, and national events.
- Coordinate onsite recruitment events (e.g., open houses, education fair and tradeshow participation) to attract a diverse pool of students and instructors.
- Work with the social media and marketing team to strategize and execute marketing campaigns to bolster success at onsite recruitment events.
- Schedule, organize and host of virtual recruitment sessions for full-time and part-time programs.
- Manage the recruitment calendar and conduct market research and investigate prospective student outreach opportunities, to include conferences, events, and corporate engagement.
- Collaborate with the school's admissions team to ensure the recruitment team has the most up-to-date and accurate admissions requirements and program details to share with prospective students through all communications channels.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Serve as back up support to update the Engineering for Professionals website for various programs and institutes and contribute to content.
- Serve as the lead project manager on a variety of marketing and communications initiatives, including producing, moderating, and promoting year-round prospective student virtual information sessions and project manage the development of recruitment videos.
- Project manage the execution of marketing initiatives, including managing logistics for events, scheduling and coordinating material shipment and maintaining and ordering inventory of promo items.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of student and peer communications, such as Advances and Morning Break, and lead the curation of content and writing articles.
- Work closely with the brand manager to revise, create, and produce recruitment marketing communications materials, printed and digital.
- Develop recruitment reports using data from Slate and/or Tableau to include the number of leads, applicants, and enrolled students resulting from recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with WSE's Marketing and Communications team in projects of shared interest among the full-time and part-time/online programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (writing/editing test may be administered), ability to manage multiple tasks, and organization and creative fluency.
- Must be able to function collaboratively and effectively in a team environment, while also working autonomously with ability to set own deadlines and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
- Requires working knowledge of Zoom, MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in recruitment or communications office of an educational institution, nonprofit, or private firm.
- Willingness to help formulate new strategies.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of current recruitment efforts against targets and benchmarks and recommend alternatives as needed.
- The ideal candidate will be able to function collegially and effectively in a team environment, working well with others toward achieving objectives, but also functioning as a self-directed individual with ability to set own deadlines and workflow.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or related area.
- Requires three years relevant experience (additional relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement).
*Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of SLATE or other marketing automation systems is highly desirable.
Classified Title: Marketing Coordinator
Working Title: Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Communications
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Recruitment-and-Marketing-Coordinator-MD-21218/926355400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency