Job Location: New Gloucester - New Gloucester, ME
Position Type: Part Time
Technical Institute for Environmental Professions
On-Premises (In Person)
NG - New Gloucester
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online."
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions, located on the Pineland Farms campus of Unity College in New Gloucester, Maine delivers a highly flexible (HyFlex) education leveraging our new campus. The institute is designed to provide an accessible and affordable option to upskill, retrain, or start a brand-new career. Our programs provide preparation for high demand industries from aquaculture, to data analytics, to veterinary technology, and more. Our programs are built on the principles of competency-based education allowing learners to attain Associate degrees, certificates, and micro-credentials. The Position
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions at Unity College is seeking qualified, innovative, and enthusiastic individuals to teach in the following areas:Licensed Professions
- Veterinary Technology
- Wastewater Technology
- Data Analytics
- Information Technology
- Urban Agriculture
- Renewable Energy
- Foundational Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Algebra and Statistics
- Research and Writing
The programs are offered in a HyFlex modality where some learners will attend at least 50% of the classes in person and can remote into the other 50%. Class sessions will be recorded and made available to learners for review and reference. The term length is two weeks and there are twenty terms per year. Qualifications
- For licensed professions, a current, valid license is required
- For workforce courses, the minimum required is an Associate degree with three years of relevant experience; a bachelors is preferred
- For general education courses, a masters degree is required.
- Previous teaching/training experience is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable with navigating technology
- Must have the ability to comfortably use Zoom, Microsoft Office, Internet (technology support is available)
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
The Location & Times
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, particularly in front of a camera and a classroom/audience
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college
- A commitment to learner success
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions is located in New Gloucester, Maine, on the Pineland Farms campus. Classes are offered in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Benefits
These are temporary, part-time positions and are not eligible for benefits. At Unity College, we dont just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it,
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our community.
Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.