PG191597EPInternal Recruitment :
Windows System AdministratorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$85,000 - $110,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, with some after hours as necessary.Job Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment :
Shared ServicesAbout the Department:
The Office of Information Technology’s (OIT) Windows & Middleware Services group (WMS) is located within the Shared Services unit. WMS offers Windows, Azure, and Active Directory based infrastructure and services that support the enterprise, including on-premises and cloud solutions. We provide middleware services that integrate related campus systems. We work collaboratively with other campus IT units to deliver the core Active Directory infrastructure for the NC State community.Essential Job Duties:
This position serves as a Windows Systems Administrator for NC State University’s Active Directory and Azure based enterprise infrastructure services and will provide system administration, automation and support for various Microsoft technologies that support the unit’s Active Directory Azure, and general Windows middleware services.
The Windows Systems Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing emerging technologies, solutions and services for fit into the NC State computing environment
- Implementing new solutions and integrating them with other campus services
- Collaboratively designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions that scale to the entire campus environment
- Providing leadership to other technical staff
- Providing third-tier technical support and serves in an on-call rotation providing triage and first responder support for the unit’s Active Directory / Azure and integrated infrastructure
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory infrastructure services, OU management, group policy.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking (subnets, firewall rules, DNS resolution, etc.)
- Ability to independently create Powershell scripts to automate complex system administration tasks.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM, Intune, or other endpoint management technologies.
- Experience/understanding of Directory Services, PKI, SQL Server, SAML authentication.
- Experience with Azure Infrastructure, Microsoft 365 administration, Azure AD.
- Microsoft certifications in current server versions and/or Azure technologies.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
08/18/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
517101 - Shared ServicesAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.