TITLE: Project Assistant of Title III-F, HSI STEM grant
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Title III, HSI STEM
REPORTS TO: Activity Director, Title III-F HSI STEM project
HOURS: Part-time (20 hours)
PRIMARY PURPOSE//POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide administrative support to the Title III-F team to benefit efficient project management. Assist the Title III team in record-keeping, project implementation, budget monitoring, and other related duties.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
ABOUT DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY
Dominican University is a Catholic, comprehensive teaching university located in River Forest, a suburb of Chicago, with an enrollment of nearly 3,200 students. The University is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution, with 37% of undergraduates first generation in college, 69% female, 61% Hispanic of Any Race, and 5% Black/African-American. Dominican University’s mission, in part, is to prepare students to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world. Toward that end, the university is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment. For more information about Dominican University, see www.dom.edu.
Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We look forward to a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
JOB COMPONENTS//PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Project Director, the Activity Director, and other project stakeholders in the management and implementation of the project.
- Assist with management of record keeping/organization; communications (email and regular correspondence); appointment scheduling; and meeting agendas, preparation, and minutes.
- Support the Title III-F events, and external affairs.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated, or assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel
- Administrative experience in budget set-up and tracking
- Excellent written skills to record meeting notes, draft reports, and design PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage in simple research tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Teamwork, creativity, professionalism, and positive attitude
- Capacity to develop excellent working relationships with key offices across the University, faculty, and students, especially students of diverse backgrounds and languages
Education & Experience
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education especially regarding issues related to student persistence and completion, transfer and articulation, low-income, and first-generation college populations
- Experience as an Administrative/Clerical Assistant desirable
Offer will be pending a background screening