Assistant Training Manager, Custodial
Facility Srv: Custodial Shop
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
- This position is posted as Assistant Training Manager, Custodial, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Assistant Manager, Custodial
- Upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to best evaluate your prior experience as it meets the needs of the position.
- Current and valid driver's license required upon employment.
NAU Custodial is now hiring an Assistant Training Manager, Custodial
. This position will be responsible for supervising, managing, and performing training for the Custodial Department at Northern Arizona University. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Campus Operations. The Assistant Training Manager assists in managing various administrative roles within the department including equipment and supply inventories, employee training, project logistics, interview and hiring boards, departmental software, helping to establish department policies and procedures, and other duties as required.
This position exists to aid and advise the Assistant Director of Campus Operations in fulfilling the Facility Services' mission to the University by practicing sustainable maintenance and operations methods, supervising a team of custodians ensuring clean, healthy and safe living and working environments, providing superior customer service to the Campus community, adopting industry best practices, and empowering the custodial workforce.
Personnel Training and Professional Development - 50%
- Establishes and oversees departmental training requirements, classes, schedules, and records.
- Conducts the New Employee Custodial Orientation.
- Trains all new employees to ensure that all NAU custodians clean consistently and fully understand the process expected.
- Leads training classes and events as scheduled.
- Seeks out new training for benefit of the entire custodial team.
- Conducts classroom and on the job trainings to groups of custodians or individually covering the High Efficiency Team Cleaning process, specific cleaning tasks and safe practices.
- Responsible for organizing and teaching classes or groups and arranging for classrooms, equipment, and instructional material to be used by class
- Develops an annual training schedule to ensure that all custodians receive on-going refresher training
- Provide standardized process and regulatory compliance training in the field.
- Integrate new processes, chemicals, and tools into the training curriculum and train others on their safe and effective use.
- Administer on the spot retraining and/or maintain records recommending individuals for remedial training classes.
- Maintain training records for department personnel
Quality Assurance and Control - 20%
- Conducts quality and process inspections across campus.
- Assist in managing campus wide quality control programming, ensuring that supervisors and Assistant Managers are performing quality inspections accurately and consistently, as well as issuing quality reports, and maintaining/modifying QC forms as required.
- Oversees equipment condition, distribution, scheduling, and monitors usage.
- Perform compliance field audits to identify retraining requirements.
- Performance equipment and supply inspections across campus.
- Monitors and supervises the activities of the custodial team by setting clear expectations and utilizing quality checks to ensure a consistent quality of cleaning.
Personnel Supervision and Management - 10%
- Takes an active leadership role in directing and supervising department personnel.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
Customer Service - 5%
- Provide superior customer service to the campus community.
- Responsible for initiating measures to improve customer service within the area, Custodial Services, and Facility Services.
- Takes a proactive role in promoting and supporting Facility Services mission and vision.
Personnel Hiring and onboarding- 5%
- Reviews new hire applications as well as arranging and participating in interview boards.
- Assist in monitoring Human Resources onboarding and communication with new employee.
Knowledge of Department Budget, Policies and Procedures - 5%
- Ensures adherence to established university and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
Other custodial duties as assigned - 5%
- High School Degree
- Two years of custodial and/or housekeeping experience OR
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of custodial experience with a university or other large organization
- One year of training experience in a formal setting
- Three years in a leadership role
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques and safety standards.
- Knowledge of equipment and materials usage and maintenance, supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of scheduling techniques and setting priorities.
- Knowledge of training techniquest and training documentation.
- Using cleaning products and equipment.
- Leading and training staff and/or students.
- Budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Personal computers and related software applications.
- Communicates effectively.
- Works in an environment having some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exercises good judgment and professionalism in a fast-paced setting.
- Use hand and power tools; safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $41,421. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606553&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency