Enrollment Management Coordinator, Intermediate
Extended Campuses - Mesa
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
This position is located at Mesa Community College Dobson Campus.
Assists with supporting enrollment management operations to ensure prospective, current, and former students, parents, families, alumni, faculty, staff, and the university community receive accurate information and guidance. Provides information and interpretation on pathway and transfer progress and processes, registration, financial aid, scholarships and waivers, student records, billing, tuition, and payment.
Student Services - 40%
- Conduct outreach and assist prospective students with the following: transfer credit evaluation process, use of transfer tools (Jack's Transfer, TAP, AZ Transfer, progression plans, etc.), university requirements, and progress on program pathway.
- Serve as a liaison for a broad range of student services, such as Student Life, Veteran Services, Disability Resources, and other services.
- Obtain necessary information for students and assist with completion of financial aid, student account, and student records processes; serve as liaison between those offices in order to clarify various policies and procedures.
- Responsible for knowledge of Undergraduate and Admissions and Orientation, Scholarships and Financial Aid, Student and Departmental Accounts, and Office of the Registrar.
- Educate, guide, and instruct students in the completion of various forms related to registration, student accounts, and/or financial aid.
- Process class adds, overrides, drops, and withdrawals for students within the Registrar's enrollment schedule.
- Provide information on registration deadlines and processes, deferments, transcripts, graduation, residency, reinstatements, readmissions, and other student records processes.
- Cultivate relationships with college advising units and the Gateway Student Success Center, Admissions, and other campus and community college constituents.
- Work closely with each functional area to remain current on business processes and any changes that may impact front line services, etc.
- Ensure FERPA guidelines are met.
- Ensure all other pertinent university policies and/or regulations are met.
- Counsel, guide, and assist students and families in the completion of complex admission forms, admission requirements, transfer guidelines, and various other student and enrollment-related services, programs, and opportunities; serve as liaison between prospective students and the Admissions and Orientation Office in order to clarify policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Manage load of prospective students to provide support through the application and enrollment process.
- Conduct individualized and group new student orientations.
- Serve as a university ambassador to support the community college partnership programs and constituents.
- Present, participate in and/ or facilitate various workshops, classroom presentations, campus activities and events for transfer students and staff.
- Maintain knowledge of NAU undergraduate and graduate programs in order to explain offerings to prospective students and key stakeholders.
Customer Service - 40%
- Answer questions, inquiries, or requests from students, parents, or guardians in person, by phone, or in writing.
- Maintain high-level customer service skills for all delivery methods utilizing effective communication, diplomacy, and accuracy in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries/concerns from students, parents, and NAU employees representing a wide variety of backgrounds regarding registration processing and information flow.
- Document student contact through case management in student information database and coordinate transition of higher-level cases to functional area counselors.
- Specialize in Salesforce CRM application to provide customer service in the form of inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, print communications, and in-person on Scholarships and Financial Aid, Student and Departmental Accounts, and Admissions and Orientation related inquires; resolve elevated customer service issues.
- Present, participate in and/ or facilitate various workshops, campus activities and events for prospective and current students and staff.
Student Accounts and Financial Aid - 15%
- Identify, provide, and accept missing or required financial aid forms and documents.
- Advise students by providing financial aid information to students concerning the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and online FAFSA applications; explain financial aid eligibility and disbursement of aid, as well as cost of attendance figures.
- Resolve problems or concerns on student account billing statements and financial transactions; answer questions and explain debits and credits, tuition and fee assessment, credit load and impact on tuition, and refund/credit transactions.
Other - 5%
- Committee work as necessary
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- A combination of related education, experience, and training may be used as an equivalent to the above minimum requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of tools, procedures, processes, policies, and concepts related to enrollment management.
- Knowledge of applicable university, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and/or regulations related to enrollment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Has problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $41,421. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606291&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency