Lead Motion Designer & Video Producer - 27012 University Staff Description Who We Are
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
The Office of University Controller (OUC) provides leadership to the University of Colorado in financial recording, reporting, policy guidance, and communication. The OUC manages the university's Financial System of record and its interfaces with purchasing, payables, human resources, the Cognos Reporting System (CU-Data), and other subsystems. The OUC works closely with campus controllers, state controller, and state auditor to ensure fiscal practices comply with external/internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles, and to prepare the external financial reports.
The OUC communicates fiscal policies and procedures through its live/recorded learning events, blogs, website, and videos, and provides guidance to faculty, staff, and other individuals by way of 1:1 and group online/in-person training, as well as a comprehensive Continuing Professional Education Program. The OUC further creates explainer videos on behalf of other CU offices (e.g., Budget & Finance, Treasury, Internal Audit) to serve and educate state government entities and Colorado citizen interests. In addition, the OUC administers the CU-wide Innovation & Efficiency Awards employee recognition program.
Want to know what it's like to work for the OUC? Click here
. Position Summary
We are looking for a talented Lead Motion Designer & Video Producer to join our team – someone who understands the entire creative process and who enjoys developing beautiful visual stories to engage and motivate an audience.
To thrive in this position, you must be a versatile motion design professional who's comfortable with a wide range of video and audio production and post-production responsibilities. Specifically, this position applies their expertise – in graphic design, 2D/3D animation, and audiovisual production/editing – to enhance communication, outreach, and training initiatives. So, if you're an experienced designer with a strong sense of aesthetics, excellent production skills, attention to detail, and a passion for learning and innovating, we'd like to meet you.
This position reports to the Web & Digital Design Manager in the OUC's Financial Services & Solutions unit (FSS) and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system. Where You Will Work
This position is located in Denver and has a hybrid work arrangement. Diversity and Equity
The University of Colorado System Administration Office is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
What We Offer Salary:
- Work closely with the OUC's creative and training team – including the Web & Digital Design Manager, Graphic & Motion Designer, Learning Design Manager, and FSS Director – to concept, design, and produce animated and live video content.
- Create content for animated and live action videos to support training and communication programs, using illustration, motion graphics, video, photography, and sound
- Manage the complete creative development cycle (from concepting/creating the story to designing visual assets and style boards, to storyboarding and illustrating the visual journey, to technical implementation and delivery of finished work)
- Design and develop visually and intellectually engaging media packages using advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Consult with OUC training team on livestreams/webinars.
- Participate in brainstorming, concepting, and design sessions for OUC team and its customers.
- Identify, research, test, and select animation, motion design, digital communication, and video trends and technologies, to assure innovative and effective communication and training.
- Develop and deliver instructional presentations on effective use of audiovisual tools and techniques to target a range of learner abilities.
- Mentor OUC team members and advise OUC customers and clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding design and motion graphics and provide input/assist in resolving issues outside of normal scope of operations.
- Track and manage projects, tasks, research, contacts, and communications using Trello, Slack, and other specialized tools and software.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $70,000-$79,800
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Four (4) years of professional experience in motion design and live video work, to include motion graphic design/animation, live video production, and video post-production (editing, color grading, and sound mixing), which must include:
- At least three (3) years of professional experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, and Illustrator (number of years can overlap with number of years identified above)
- Portfolio with demo reel (to be included in application along with cover letter and resume)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in motion design, multimedia, video production, art, graphic design, or related field
- Six (6) years of professional experience, as described above
- Professional experience with storyboarding
- Professional experience using live-streaming hardware and software tools, such as ATEM HDMI switchers and OBS Project (Open Broadcaster Software)
- Professional experience using MOGRTs (motion graphic templates) in Premiere and After Effects
- Professional experience working as part of a team in an agency or similar environment
- Professional experience working in an institution of higher education or government
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of design fundamentals and aesthetics (including color, layout, and typography) and ability to clearly articulate design approach
- Advanced digital design production skills, to include 2D and 3D motion and still graphics development
- Strong audio and video production skills, including professional experience using video cameras and accessories
- Ability to create effective, clear, and visually engaging presentation materials
- Ability to maintain deadlines, budget, and brand guidelines
- Ability to keep up-to-date with advances in the digital design field, with the drive to learn and apply new techniques
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, comprehension, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced organization and teamwork skills, with motivation and ability to take ownership of projects and see them through
- Creative judgment and technical skills
- Problem-diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal effectiveness and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and accept changing priorities, while meeting deadlines and maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to work independently in a highly dynamic, flexible, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work closely with a small team of writers, developers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to provide, receive, and incorporate constructive criticism
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement How to Apply
For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application:
- A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess
- A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting.
- Upload a portfolio with demo reel (to be included in application along with cover letter and resume)
Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. When to Apply
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by Monday, August 29th. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* Background Check Statement
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. ADA Statement
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected]
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Job Category
: Communication Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50027 - University Controller Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 15, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: CU System HR Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00686945
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency