Join Our Team!
Valencia College is seeking an experienced, innovative, and collaborative leader to serve as the College’s Assistant Vice President of Talent Management and Total Rewards. Join an organization committed to helping our employees reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support.
The AVP of Talent Management and Total Rewards is a front-line leader of the college responsible for providing vision and leadership for all aspects of the college’s talent management network, including: talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, employee development, and employee experience. Responsible for all facets of the college’s efforts to attract, develop, and retain employees through effective compensation and benefits programs, talent acquisition, employee experience, employee development, leadership and supervisor development, performance development systems, and employee awards and recognition. Brings subject matter expertise to related areas as well as Federal, State, and local regulations to support the alignment of division goals to college goals.
Recognized as one of "The Great Colleges to Work For" by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and achieving a true work/life balance.
We’re seeking leaders. Inspirers. Motivators. Educational enthusiasts. Individuals who know that no matter what position they hold or job they perform, they play a role in helping our students achieve great things.
If you would like to assist in fulfilling an everlasting promise to our employees, students, and our community, please complete and submit an online application at along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. In lieu of a Master’s degree, a combination of education and experience may be substitutable.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources to include managerial/supervisory experience as well as managing health, dental, and life benefits programs; COBRA administration; flexible benefits programs and compliance; implementation and administration of compensation policies and practices.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, CCP and/or CBP certification
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Anticipated Salary: $96,731 to $118,494 per year
Location: Orlando, FL 32835 - District Office - Monday to Friday 8-5; This position will operate in a primary remote environment (subject to change based on business needs).
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.