Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. Job Overview
The R.O.S.E Research Lab at the University of Cincinnati College of Engineering and Applied Science in the Office of Inclusive Excellence and Community Engagement invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position for the academic year 2022-23. The research areas for the 2022 year specifically focuses on underserved and underrepresented populations in engineering/STEM. A successful candidate requires qualitative and/or mixed methods research knowledge, excellence writing skills, proven experience collaborating across disciplines, and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Most important the candidate must be willing to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment. The postdoc will support multiple engineering education projects aimed at removing obstacles for STEM excellence for minoritized and marginalized populations. Other areas for consideration include all STEM, Social Science and Humanities. No teaching is required but opportunities are available if desired. Essential Functions
- Conducting literature reviews.
- Conducting qualitative and/or mixed methods research projects collaboratively with Dr. Gaskins.
- Analyzing qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Publishing articles in peer-reviewed journal.
- Developing grant proposals under the direction of Dr. Gaskins.
- Mentoring graduate and undergraduate researchers.
- Participating in a co-constructed post-doctoral mentoring plan led by Dr. Gaskins.
- All applicants will be supported to apply for internal and external funding.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in engineering education, social sciences, arts, humanities, or STEM prior to effective date of the appointment.Required Education
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent is required.Required Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - ContinuouslyApplication Process
- The dissertation must show a research focus in one of the following areas: Black/African American Studies, Black Communities, STEM Education, Informal STEM Learning, Education Disparities or similar focus.
- Knowledge or experience in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively.
- Ability to work with undergraduates.
- Ability to work independently.
Applicants must submit:
Compensation and Benefits
- A cover letter indicating research interests and experiences.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A writing sample (dissertation chapter).
- Three (3) references (contact information only) via the online application.
- Please use the Additional Documents feature to upload these documents.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN