Temporary Office Manager Assistant
Posting Close Date:
The Institute of Behavior Science (IBS) encourages applications for a temporary Office Manager Assistant! The Assistant will assist with administrative duties for the building, including room reservation, space optimization, and occasionally, event assistance.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
IBS is a research institute that provides a setting for interdisciplinary collaborative research on problems of societal concern. We have approximately 200 Institute members (approximately 70 Fellows, 60 research and administrative staff, 6 post-doctoral researchers, 55 graduate student researchers, and 12 undergraduate student researchers) with a typical annual grant portfolio of $40 million and an annual expenditure of approximately $15 million. By engaging faculty from the social and behavioral sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder, IBS encourages work that goes beyond disciplinary boundaries, illuminates the complexity of social behavior and social life, and that has important implications for social policy. IBS is connected to a wide variety of academic departments from Anthropology, History, Economics, Environmental Studies, Geography, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Women and Gender Studies, and more. IBS is home to 12 programs and centers including the Prevention Science Program, Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, Natural Hazards Center, and the Rocky Mountain Research Data Center. While IBS has historical strengths in research related to population, the environment, violence prevention, health, and international issues, it also embraces scholarship on well-being and resilience, archaeology, and behavioral genetics, among myriad other topics.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Respond to a variety of requests throughout the building demonstrating a high level of customer service to all staff, faculty, students, and guests, including general admin needs, building maintenance and security, and meeting/event room needs.
- Assist with new hire space assignments, building access, listservs, key requests, parking permits, and directories, and the subsequent removal or gathering of items for outgoing employees.
- Assist with inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Deliver mail and packages as appropriate and assist with outgoing mail as needed.
- Approve meeting room requests per the IBS policy and coordinate with event organizers for meeting room needs, access to the building, catering, recycling, parking, and IT needs, and meeting room charges as needed.
- Assist with internal IBS (Director) event planning, set up and tear down and assist program managers with large program/center events as needed. This may include catering requests and light travel arrangements.
- Work with the Administrative Coordinator on office and cubicle assignments per the appropriate IBS policies, including requesting furniture moves or proper disposal of excess items.
- Enter service requests for building or custodial related issues such as heating and cooling, broken locks, burned out lights, etc.
- Establish workflows for meeting room requests and onboarding/offboarding procedures.
- Assist with other admin team or Director’s office duties as needed.
What We Can Offer
- This position is in a part-time, temporary position anticipated to last 2 months with the possibility of extension.
- This position is fully in-person.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
$21.00- $24.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be authentic. Be inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 1 year of experience coordinating building operations and/or event coordination, or related office/customer service experience. Equivalent education may substitute on a year for year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Detail oriented.
- Phenomenal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Quick learner.
- Reliable and able to plan ahead to meet deadlines.
- Able to work with all levels of the organization including student assistants
- Understanding policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite.
- 2+ years of event coordination experience.
- 2+ years of building coordination experience.
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience.
- Experience working with CU Systems and various campus offices related to the responsibilities.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter is optional.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time. Please apply by 8/23/2022
for consideration. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Temporary-Office-Manager-Assistant/41893
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency