Facility Security Officer Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Division of Research, Innovation and Impact - Research Security and Compliance
This recruitment is being managed by the Columbia Campus. For application questions please contact the Columbia Campus HR at 573-882-7976.
The University of Missouri is pleased to announce openings for two Facility Security Officer (FSO) positions.
One position will work at the University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC) supporting the UMKC Facility Security Clearance, and the other position will work at the University of Missouri -Columbia (Mizzou) supporting the UM System Facility Security Clearance.
Each position will be an Industrial Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) and act as a Facility Security Officer (FSO). As members of the broader University of Missouri System Research Security and Compliance program, the roles will be responsible for developing and overseeing our industrial security program and will ensure that government programs follow relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
This position must be able to work onsite due to physical security requirements.
Candidates should indicate in their cover letter which of the 2 universities they are interested in supporting.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and continuously improves each industrial security program, ensuring that procedures align with university rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, civil liberties, safety, security, use of university property, etc.
- Participates as an integral member of the corporate-wide Insider Threat Program
- Ensures accountability for classified documents and media, personnel security clearances, and visitor control procedures/requests
- Oversees, monitors, and improves the security awareness training and education program to cultivate a culture of compliance
- Oversees Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews and self-inspections to ensure compliance with government regulations and university rules
- Leads, prepares for, and manages the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) annual Security Vulnerability Assessments
- Supports new business proposals and opportunities
- Establishes and maintains partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, and peers, building trusted relationships both inside and outside the university
- Assists the Research Security and Compliance staff by communicating, collaborating, and coordinating university activities
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least four (4) years of relevant work experience such as Industrial Security, Operations Security, Insider Threat or related
- Able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Able to complete all Facility Security Officer (FSO) course requirements from the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) within 6 months of appointment.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with security systems such as DISS, NISS, e-QIP, etc.
- A basic understanding of ISSM & ISSO duties and responsibilities.
$55,000/year - $84,505/year
Grade: GGS 10
University Title: COMPLIANCE MANAGER SR
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Full time, Monday–Friday, 8 am – 5 pm or comparable. As a results-orientated organization, we support flexible schedules. Expect occasional travel for continuing education, conference attendance, and offsite briefings.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Current Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Knowledge and Experience with ICD 705, NISPOM Rule 32 CFR 117, and SAPs
- Knowledge and experience managing all levels of classified programs
- Experience with managing SCIF and other Secure Areas
- Working knowledge of RMF and DFARS.
- Professional certification (e.g., SFPC, ISP, CPP, etc.)
- Completed all Facility Security Officer (FSO) course requirements from the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA)
- Knowledge of export control regulations and foreign influence concerns and how they relate to universities
Cover letter detailing interest, experience and which institution the candidate is able to support. Resume or CV.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice President of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-7976.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: