Search #: 496643
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Department of Allied Health Sciences at the University of Connecticut is seeking two dynamic and team-oriented candidates, one full-time position and one part-time position (50%), with creative energy to contribute to a culture that values community, inclusion, excellence, and strategic growth. The successful candidate will be open-minded, forward-thinking, and collaborative in addressing the needs of a department with diverse academic offerings, including a large undergraduate major and growing graduate program, active advising center, accredited professional and entrepreneurial certificate programs, and a robust externally funded research enterprise. These positions, reporting to the Department Head, require individuals with ability in administrative operations in an academic environment.
The Department of Allied Health Sciences has a vibrant, multidisciplinary faculty dedicated to advancing knowledge through research, teaching, advising, and community engagement. The Department has been in a period of expansion, recruiting 10 new faculty in recent years to meet growing student needs and the initiative to offer the Allied Health Sciences major on UConn’s regional Waterbury campus. With approximately 30 faculty, 750 undergraduates, 30 post-baccalaureate students, and 30 graduate students, we actively engage in educating and training the next generation of health professionals. The Department offers an undergraduate major in Allied Health Sciences with multiple concentrations; three nationally-accredited professional programs (Dietetics, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Diagnostic Genetic Sciences); two master’s programs (Health Promotion Sciences, Health Care Genetics); and a Ph.D. program in Health Promotion Sciences. Department faculty conduct grant-funded research in obesity, HIV/AIDS, digital health, behavioral genomics, nutrition, food policy, cancer and cardiovascular disease prevention, women’s health, and public health. With diversity as a core value of the Department, College, and University, our Department strives to be an inclusive educational institution that attracts, retains and values talented people from all backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Provides departmental support on a wide range of fiscal, administrative, and operational matters.
- Assists with human resource and payroll-related functions of Department personnel (faculty, staff, student workers, special payroll employees, and graduate assistants); processes visa applications (J1/H1B) for personnel.
- Assists with the financial operations of the Department, including purchasing, accounts payable, HuskyBuy, and Concur, as well as supporting the monitoring and reporting of revenues and expenditures on Department financial accounts.
- Assists in communications/marketing for Department and its programs, including the Department's social media accounts and website.
- Assists with the Promotion, Tenure, and Reappointment process, as well as the Annual Review process for faculty.
- Assist with departmental searches for new faculty.
- Assists in the preparation of financial and ad hoc reports as appropriate to meet federal, state, University, and departmental requirements.
- Assists in the development and implementation of experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Assists in the admissions process for the undergraduate major, master's and doctoral programs, and professional programs.
- Supports the continued development of the major on the Waterbury regional campus.
- Coordinates and facilitates departmental events (e.g., honors research forum, retreats, extended department meetings).
- Associate’s degree and two to three years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with communication technologies and the media.
- Demonstrated experience providing organizational support in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours on occasion to support events and programs.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three to four years of related experience in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated success in administrative operations in a higher education department setting.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex, multi-faceted academic office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, establishing relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as Kuali Financial Systems, Core-CT, HuskyBuy, and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to expertly manage time and deadlines, and juggle multiple competing priorities.
Both positions are located on the Storrs campus. These positions include an outstanding benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates’ backgrounds and experiences.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496643 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Please indicate in your cover letter which of the two positions you wish to be considered for, either the full-time or part-time (50%) position (but not both).
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 1, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Aug 11 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 01 2022 Eastern Daylight Time