Assistant Athletics Director/Sr. Director of Annual Giving & Premium Seating
Posting Close Date:
The Buff Club at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking an Assistant Athletics Director/Sr. Director of Annual Giving & Premium Seating to join our team! The Buff Club is a team of 15 members within the Office of Advancement dedicated to providing development and engagement support for CU Athletics. Under the leadership of the Assistant Vice Chancellor/Senior Associate Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletics Director/Sr. Director of Annual Giving & Premium Seating is responsible for developing, leading, and implementing a comprehensive annual fund strategy. The Assistant Athletics Director/Sr. Director of Annual Giving & Premium Seating will also maintain key oversight of premium seating, parking, marketing, and Buff Club communications.
The Assistant AD will oversee a dynamic and highly motivated team of, at minimum, three (3) support staff (i.e., Associate Director of Annual Fund Operations, Assistant Director of Athletics Leadership Annual Giving, and Development Coordinator), and will coordinate activities with the CU Boulder Central Advancement office and Athletics Department staff. The Assistant AD/Sr. Director of Annual Giving & Premium Seating will also serve as a critical member of the Buff Club Executive Management Team.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Annual Fund Oversight
Premium Seating, Parking, and Franklin Field Tailgate Sales Oversight
- Develop, lead, and continuously improve the comprehensive strategy for acquisition, retention, and growth of the annual fund which includes:
- Demonstrating continuous progress towards annual giving initiatives, premium seating team goals, and multi-year projects.
- Setting and reaching departmental yearly cash fundraising team goals. Dollar and number of donor goals are established in collaboration with the Assistant Vice Chancellor/Senior Associate Athletic Director on an annual basis.
- Proactively planning, organizing, and implementing annual fund appeals, and membership campaigns throughout the year.
- Partnering with the Associate Director of Stewardship, Events, and Engagement to ensure timely and accurate delivery of all benefits associated with Buff Club membership.
- Lead a team of three (3) in effectively managing the sale of our premium football and men’s/women’s basketball inventory (seats, parking, Franklin Field Tailgate, etc.).
- Provide strategic leadership for ticket sales and operations staff on sales strategies, ticketing timelines, premium seating lead generation, parking, etc.
Buff Club Fundraising Liaison
- Qualify, solicit, and close annual and/or major gift pledge commitments from your assigned donor portfolio.
- Conduct in-person and/or virtual donor visits locally and throughout the country.
- Individual metrics are established in collaboration with the Assistant Vice Chancellor/Senior Associate Athletic Director on an annual basis.
What You Should Know
- Manage the annual fundraising strategy for your assigned sport.
- Collaborate with the head coach on attending donor visits, gift solicitations, and stewardship of gifts to your assigned sport’s excellence fund.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
This position is in office Monday through Friday and requires local and national travel. This position will also require some weekend and after-hours work.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $125,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be dynamic. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of business experience required; fundraising, sales, or public relations experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in an intercollegiate athletics department.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge of fundraising, marketing, and/or sales.
- Proven ability to cultivate and solicit donations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen ability to develop and maintain exceptional relationships (with peers, donors, staff, student-athletes, etc.)
- Analyzes information/situations and works proactively to solve problems.
- Handles sensitive information discretely and maintains confidentiality.
- Organizes and manages multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally for donor events and/or donor meetings.
- A leader who understands the importance of developing oneself and those around them.
- Knowledge of current issues facing public universities and intercollegiate athletics.
- Self-motivated individual who is highly innovative and desires to grow within the intercollegiate athletics industry.
- Solid understanding of Paciolan & Pac Fund.
- Familiarity in accessing and analyzing ticket reports.
- Familiarity with gift processing.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time. Please apply by August 23, 2022 for consideration. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Athletics-Director-Sr-Director-of-Annual-Giving-Premium-Seating/41827
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency