Program Coordinator for the Josephine Jones Speaking Lab
Posting Close Date:
The University of Colorado Boulder College of Media, Communication and Information (CMCI) encourages applications for a Program Coordinator for the Josephine Jones Speaking Lab! The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Faculty Director of Speaking Programs with administrative duties related to day-to-day and long term planning for Program activities.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Established in 2015, CMCI is at the forefront of the revolution in communication and digital technology. CMCI prides itself on offering students an interdisciplinary education with a focus on innovation and creativity. Our students and faculty from six departments and an independent PhD program think across boundaries, innovate around emerging problems, and create culture that transcends convention.
CMCI strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this dedication and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities, ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of marginalization.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Assist Director with strategy and outreach.
- Correspond and work with vendors for promotional materials.
- Coordinate and facilitate public speaking workshops for COMM RAP and other campus entities (3-4 per semester).
- Serve as liaison for incoming Artists in Residence – new in 2022.
- Collect and promote materials with social media coordinator.
What We Can Offer
- This is a part-time, temporary position anticipated to last 9 months.
- This position is in a hybrid work situation.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The hourly rate is $32 - $35 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be collaborative. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Communication or closely related field.
- 1 year of relevant work experience coordinating and facilitating public speaking workshops.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge of campus entities/partners and excellent communication skills.
- M.A. degree in Communication.
- Experience as a Project Coordinator for similar programs.
- Public presentation or forensics background.
- Experience in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 15, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Program-Coordinator-for-the-Josephine-Jones-Speaking-Lab/41805
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency