Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals, developing cutting-edge procedures, and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, the University of Cincinnati’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Otolaryngology is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff, world-class research, teaching, and medical practice opportunities. The Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery is recruiting an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Otolaryngology for the Division of Otology/Neurotology. Rank is commensurate with experience.Essential Functions
The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of Otology and Neurotology. Primary responsibilities include the tripartite mission of providing excellent clinical care, education, and teaching activities across our Clifton and West Chester campuses. This Clinical Faculty position will take part in the education of both fellows and resident providers in the clinic and inpatient setting. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities. The strengths of our Division include a history of 40 years of tertiary and quaternary care of patients with skull base tumors, cochlear implantation, chronic ear disease. Our center is the only adult academic Neurotology program in the Cincinnati metropolitan area. Opportunities for an outstanding academic future for the applicant will include: 1) a state-of-the-art temporal bone lab 2) collaboration with outstanding neurosurgery faculty 3) involvement in multidisciplinary conferences (e.g., skull base rounds, neuroradiology rounds, temporal bone courses, etc.). An interest in basic science research with the future willingness to obtain extramural funding is preferred but not necessary.Minimum Requirements
• M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent degree.
• Must have completed an Otolaryngology residency and an Otology or Neurotology
• Board certified or Board eligible in Otolaryngology.
• Ability to obtain an unrestricted Ohio State Medical License.
• Past track record of academic excellence and relevant clinical experience in discipline is ideal
.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN