Instructor - Nursing HV-FAC-8922
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2022-08-21
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy for the Fall 2022 semester on the Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a physical and background check.
Full-Time Tenure Track
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Nursing, will consider candidate with Bachelor’s in Nursing and a Master’s Degree Program with completion by May 2023; current New York State license to practice and three years nursing experience; Previous college or hospital teaching experience; and prior experience with clinical performance exams. Previous experience and/or desire to engage in distance learning initiatives is preferred.
Please note: Evening and or weekend hours will be required
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaches lectures, conducts discussions, and supervises college lab classes.
• Supervises clinical practices of groups (8-10) of students in off campus clinical sites.
• Academics decision making, where appropriate.
• Correlates classroom and practice learning with objectives.
• Volunteers for teaching assignments in the team-teaching approach.
• Plans for the course for the term in line with objectives.
• Plans for evaluation of laboratory in course.
• Discussion of student’s nursing care plans or assignments.
• Helps members plan daily laboratory assignment for continuity and uniformity.
• Prepares grades for submission to the Department Chairperson.
• Reviews of students’ progress on an individual and/or group basis.
• Recommends action or dismissal, probation or altered program plan for students.
• Relates with the community agencies the department uses for student experiences.
• Position may require involvement in the evening program.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Participation on departmental, division wide, and college wide committees for the purpose of building community and fulfilling aspirations of professional development is encouraged and supported.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.
The Salary for this position is $48,981.00. This is a 10-month position.
Hudson Valley Community College offers a very competitive benefits package which includes low cost health insurance as well as a generous leave policy.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply before the close date of June August 21, 2022.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer